I really wish the plugin would save its configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish the plugin would save its configuration

This is happening from time to time, and it has been like this since the very beginning.

I would really love it if the plugin didn't lose it's configuration from time to time.

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

The plugin saves all configuration in the root device and in the device it self.
    When plugin is loaded it reads the root device and in the existing devices.
    if devices are deleted then the configuration for that device is lost.

so what you want is for the plugin to automatically recreate the devices if they are delete outside the plugin?

Comment

No, I'm not deleting anything, and as you can see the root device was created in May. However, the other devices haven't been updated for a few days (the top image). And as I thought, I opened the config page (bottom image) and all checkboxes are gone.

Why that is I cannot tell you, but it seems like the config is gone.

This is not the first time this has happened, it does from time to time, but I'm getting tired of it. HomeSeer and the YR plugin has been running since November 2nd.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Horray! I just restarted the plugin, and it found all the data again.
        But still: Why? Seems weird!

Comment

Hmm, that's wierd, then there must be a bug somewhere that looses the config.
          I would need a debug log file to know more on where it's possibly failing or if there are some exceptions not covered.

My system has been running for years (with normal restarts on win10 updates) and I don't see this issue.

Comment

Is it possible to log to a file, or is it only logging to the HS log?

... oh, and where exactly do I enable debug logging?

Comment

To enable logging you need to to two things.

1. Add the following to the ini file under General:
              Debug=True
              LogToFile=True

Make sure there's a "Debug Log" folder in the hs3 root folder.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Comment

im having the same issues, no updates for 3 days or so and it lost all settings, i toggled the plug in off/on and everything showed but the station location URL

Comment

Ok, I'll set up debug logging. It just happened again: The last update was from 10:43 AM.

Comment

Was there a solution to this? My setup behaves just like this..

Comment

I can't reproduce this error so I would need a debug file when this happens or a way to reproduce the situation in order for me to fix anything.
                      My setup has this plugin running stable on win10 for years now.

Comment

I've found that just restarting "solves" the problem for me. At least, the plugin rediscovers its devices so I don't have to recreate them every time.

Comment

I guess there is nothing new on this part?
                          Just discovered that the devices have not updated for several weeks, and when checking the plugin config, I noticed that the station location was missing.
                          Since this have happened a few times I will enable debugging. But this time it happened 10. december, I don't know how long it will take for it to happen again.

Comment

The plug-in saves the configuration in the root device - using PED (PluginExtraData) - so that's not the issue - but I would need to have some log or pointers to where or what's happening when the plugin loses the date - I assume it's some sort of crash in the plugin that causes this as it only searched the devices for data to read upon initialization. if you run start the plugin in developer mode it might also point to something in the console window.

Comment

Hi Toby,
                              the MyWeather plugin often looses the weather-current.
                              The checkmark is lost.
                              After rechecking the PI creates a new HSdevice with a new reference number.
                              This is odd because I have running several scripts including the reference number and I have to replace the refence number in the scripts everytime as new.
                              This is not useful.
                              What is the reason for this behaviour ?

Fischi

Comment

Working...
                              X