Instructions for configring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Got my HS4 up and running now, but I can't reproduce your issue.
    I don't have a pi available at the moment but the plugin works OK under HS4.

I would need you to enable debug mode :
    To enable logging you need to to two things.

1. Add the following to the ini file under General:
    Debug=True
    LogToFile=True

Make sure there's a "Debug Log" folder in the HS3/HS4 root folder.

Send me the debug file from when you try to add the location information - you can use a private message if you like.
    Are you giving up on me?

Comment

No, but's a bit busy at the moment.
      the config file is under Config in the root folder. here you should find a myWeather ini file. in this file you need to add teh 2 lines if not there already

Code:
      [General]
      Debug=True
      LogToFile=True
      then you need to create the "Debug Log" folder if it does not exist in the root HS3/HS4 folder.

Comment

Sorry, but my HomeSeer HS4 software is on a Home Troller Pi box which is Linux based. It's not on a Windows system. I don't know a thing about Linux or how to get to it on the Troller.

Comment

You should be able to ssh onto the box and do these changes.
          I don't have any home trollers so cant do more at the moment.

do you see anything in the homeseer log when trying to save the config? or start the plugin?

Comment

I don't even know what ssh means.
            Here's a copy of the log after installing and trying to config.
            9/03/2020 12:36:00

Legacy-Plugin
            weatherXML
            Triggers to check: 0

9/03/2020 12:35:50

HomeSeer
            Error
            Posting back to plugin web page Weather Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x0014d] in :0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00040] in :0

9/03/2020 12:34:19

HomeSeer
            Starting Plug-In
            Plugin MY Weather started successfully in 7800 milliseconds

Comment

Was the log entry I sent you of any help, or am I dead in the water?

Comment

Working...
              X