This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature requests for Bond plugin

Please post all your requests and ideas here.

Currently in the works:

1. Adding support for Fireplaces - implemented, but need feedback

2. For CF (Ceiling Fan) devices - adding Timer and Breeze support - also need users with devices supporting Timer and Breeze

3. Brightness slider fix for devices with 10% brightness increment

4. Bond API supports many functions, i.e. Creating, Deleting, Modifying devices

Please note: the plugin is generic enough to support huge variety of devices. In case some features don't work - open a new thread.

Include with your request - In HS Bridge Config page save as PDF the whole page and attach:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Config1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	1358242

Regarding logging ... Add descriptive logs like Z-Wave does for device changes that are always logged. These changes different from the more cryptic com conversations AK Bond logs. For example Z-Wave logs a light being turn on like this:
    Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Master Bedroom Lamp Set to 15%
    So for my Great Room SBB Fan AK Bond would log the light coming on as:

AK Bond Device Downstairs Great Room Sofa Fan Light Set to ON

where the name and condition is obtained from the HomeSeer device naming strings (Floor, Room, Device Name, and Status).

Having this information is extremely useful when something unexpected happens. Usually because an Event or Script has a rare bug in it that goes undetected for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMH View Post
      Regarding logging ... Add descriptive logs like Z-Wave does for device changes that are always logged. These changes different from the more cryptic com conversations AK Bond logs. For example Z-Wave logs a light being turn on like this:
      Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Master Bedroom Lamp Set to 15%
      Yeah, can do. That's actually the logs from HS, and can be disabled in HS device settings, so I can use it as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-02-27 203608.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1366647

Comment

I tried unchecking the "Do not log command ..." and It then logged the directive from HS to AK Bond, but did not log the AK Bond state change. For example with Z-Wave I get
        Feb-27 8:29:16 AM Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Master Bedroom Lamp Set to 99
        Feb-27 8:29:16 AM Device Control Device: Upstairs Master Bedroom Lamp to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        With AK Bond I get only
        Feb-27 8:25:38 AM Device Control Device: Bond Master Bedroom Master Fan Power to Fan On (-4) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.31 - Re-enable Update Timer when BPUP fails; Log HS device state changes (if Do not log commands not checked)
          Feb-28 1:53:16 AK Bond [1812]: Device: A1.FanDirection Set to -16 (Summer)

Comment

My bond device is found, but none of the attached devices are visible in HomeSeer.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_L View Post
              My bond device is found, but none of the attached devices are visible in HomeSeer.
              Please start a new thread.
              And please check HS logs for more info (I see you do have Log enabled)

Comment

alexbk66

Bond Bridge App (v2.47.0) on iPhone 14 (iOS 17.1) and two Somfy shade motors with the latest AKBond Plug-in (v4.0.5.21) on Homeseer (v4.2.19.0).

Please take a look at the attached PDF for the images.

- Bond Bridge App configured with two (2) shades (see image Fig1) and the Grouped (see image Fig2) as one (1). All Bond Bridge App controls operate correctly.

- AKBond Plug-in correctly reads and creates all three (3) devices (see image Fig 3).

-- At Issue 1 -- AKBond Plug-in device control "Toggleopen" DOES NOT function properly in the grouped "Lanai Shades" device. When Toggleopen is selected, both shades "jog" open ~3 inches and then close. "Toggleopen" DOES operate correctly on individual shade devices (North Shade and South Shade).

-- At Issue 2 -- AKBond Plug-in device control provides no button for the Grouped "Lanai Shade" device from the Bond Bridge App "Preset" function. This preset function would be the "ME" button on the physical Somfy remote control. "HOLD" DOES operate the Somfy preset function ("ME") correctly on individual shade devices (North Shade and South Shade).

Please let me know if I can clarify or help you further test. Thank you.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by raymclaughlin View Post
                  Bond Bridge App (v2.47.0) on iPhone 14 (iOS 17.1) and two Somfy shade motors with the latest AKBond Plug-in (v4.0.5.21) on Homeseer (v4.2.19.0). Please take a look at the attached PDF for the images.
                  It's not really a "Feature" request - I created a new thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...-shades-device

Comment

Working...
                  X