Generic remote working, but not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic remote working, but not updating

I have installed a generic remote for a floor fan. The remote is IR (works only line-of-sight). Everything functions as it should, but the time stamp is fixed, i.e., does not change when the fan status changes. Also, it looks like a root device as shown below. I am running version 3.0.0.11, which I got in the beta section. However, it was the same issue on the previous one. I did not delete the devices, prior to installing the update.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_85823.png
Views:	62
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1358280
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

[
    Originally posted by Richel View Post
    I have installed a generic remote for a floor fan. The remote is IR (works only line-of-sight). Everything functions as it should, but the time stamp is fixed, i.e., does not change when the fan status changes. Also, it looks like a root device as shown below. I am running version 3.0.0.11, which I got in the beta section. However, it was the same issue on the previous one. I did not delete the devices, prior to installing the update.

One question - why are you using GX (Generic device) for the Fan? Why not CF?

GX devices don't know anything about the device state. I can implement any request if necessary.

But in your case just re-create device in the Bond app, then in HS.

Comment

Even using GX device it still should have separate On/Off HS device. May be just stop the plugin, delete the devices and start the plugin again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GX.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.2 KB ID:	1358378

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        One question - why are you using GX (Generic device) for the Fan? Why not CF?
        You raise a good point. So, I added the fan as a CF, not a generic device, and all is good (again). Thanks, Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

You raise a good point. So, I added the fan as a CF, not a generic device, and all is good (again). Thanks, Elliott
          Great. But also, for just On/Off GX device should work too.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Great. But also, for just On/Off GX device should work too.
            It did. Thanks, Elliott

Comment

It did. Thanks, Elliott
              No problems.

Comment

Working...
              X