Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your "New Socket" unchecked?

Comment

Its been running for over three hours now and no problems!

Comment

Originally posted by CJMH View Post
        Its been running for over three hours now and no problems!

Comment

Yes the "New Socket" is unchecked.

Comment

Yes the "New Socket" is unchecked.
            May be I should make it default...

Comment

I just saw the AK Bond devices go to an unknown state, then go back to normal.Nothing appeared about that in the log about that (logging is off). So I assume the error is still occurring occasionally, but you are not logging it as an error in the log?, but still setting a error condition in the AK Bond devices? If so, perhaps, you should just ignore the com error entirely if logging is off. It may be a little disturbing for users to see the AK Bond devices go into an "unknown" state then go back to normal.

Comment

I just saw the AK Bond devices go to an unknown state, then go back to normal.Nothing appeared about that in the log about that (logging is off). So I assume the error is still occurring occasionally, but you are not logging it as an error in the log?, but still setting a error condition in the AK Bond devices? If so, perhaps, you should just ignore the com error entirely if logging is off. It may be a little disturbing for users to see the AK Bond devices go into an "unknown" state then go back to normal.
                That's exactly what I do. Log the error (ReadDoneAsync2) only if log is enabled.
                I decided to keep changing the state to "Unknown" just to indicate that there's still something wrong. But it shouldn't happen often.
                And hopefully Mono will fix the bug.
                What Mono --version are you on?

Comment

Since the com error doesn't really effect the operation of the plugin it would be preferable, in my opinion, to simply ignore the error (NOT to set the device state to "Unknown" or log the error) if logging is OFF. I have seen the device change to "Unknown" a number of times now and it happens often enough that even though I know what is going on it is unnerving. You may find that you will get a lot of questions about why the device goes into the "Unknown" state, yet there is nothing in the log to say what happened.

How about this .... when that error occurs, only log the error and change the device state to "Unknown" if logging is ON, otherwise ignore the error?

I just posted an issue with AK Bond (Bond API I suspect) I found with the Minka-aire 6-speed fan I just installed. Just so you know ...

Comment

Not sure what version of mono I am running. My Zee S2 does not have a display or keyboard attached. I had VNC running on at one time it but had to reimage it at one point and have not been able to get VNC running on it again for some reason. Hooking up at monitor and keyboard is a major pain. Do you know a Linux command to get the mono version number off hand? I could use the Linux command facility in HS3 to get it.

Comment

Not sure what version of mono I am running. My Zee S2 does not have a display or keyboard attached. I had VNC running on at one time it but had to reimage it at one point and have not been able to get VNC running on it again for some reason. Hooking up at monitor and keyboard is a major pain. Do you know a Linux command to get the mono version number off hand? I could use the Linux command facility in HS3 to get it.
                      You should be able to SSH to RasPI

Comment

Thanks for the reminder that I can use putty. Here is the version info.

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V5:/ $ mono -V
                        Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179 (tarball Thu Oct 4 13:39:39 UTC 2018)
                        Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                        TLS: __thread
                        SIGSEGV: normal
                        Notifications: epoll
                        Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
                        Disabled: none
                        Misc: softdebug
                        Interpreter: yes
                        LLVM: yes(3.6.0svn-mono-/)
                        GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

I should also say that updating Mono is what I think got me into trouble with HS3 before requiring me to reimage the system. I also updated the system along with Mono and then started up VNC so I could get easy access to the graphic environment. It was not that HS3 did not work, but there was something that was not quite right and HS support said I would need to reimage with their image to fix it. That is when I lost VNC and could not seem to figure out how get it back without updated the system and I did not want to mess with that again. HS support was of no help with VNC. Putty works fine, but VNC would be much better. Anyway ...

I am willing to update Mono, but I would want to bakcup the flash drive first. Let me know what you think ...

If nothing else, I still think it would be best to ignore that particular com error if the log is OFF. It is really unnevrving to see the devices go into an unknown state without it really effecting the operation of the plugin. Even though I know what is going on, my first reaction is to think AK Bond is not working correctly. I don't think you want your customers to have that impression.

Comment

Even though I know what is going on, my first reaction is to think AK Bond is not working correctly. I don't think you want your customers to have that impression.
                          But this impression is correct. If you can, please update Mono - your version is extremely old. Current version is 6.8.0.

As I remember, for Mono 'upgrade' doesn't work - you should just install the latest.

Comment

I believe upgrading Mono on my Zee S2 is what caused the problems with HS3. Also, there will be plenty of people with a Zee S2 that haven't a clue how to use putty or know what Mono or C# is. The image that HS provides does not include X or VNC. And HS discourages users from connecting the ZEE S2 to a HDMI monitor because they don't want people upgrading outside of the HS environment. I believe doing so voids the warranty on the Zee S2. Not that that is an issue with mine. Anyway, I will save a image of the flash drive and try to upgrade/install the latest version of Mono and see what happens.

However, I respectfully disagree with your decision to set the device state to unknown when this error occurs. The unknown state should be reserved for when communication with the physical device is permanently down. Like when the power to a z-wave device has been turned off. Z-Wave can have com failures that have to be retried. Such errors do not cause the Z-wave device to go into an "Unknown" state. The system simply retries the com up to N times before determining that communication with the device is no longer possible and then sets the state to "Unknown". That is not the case with this com error in AK Bond. There is no permanent failure present. Like with Z-wave you could simply retry the communication up to N times before deciding that communication is impossible and logging an error and setting the device state to unknown. That would be the way to do it that would be most consistent with the concept behind the "Unknown" state.

Comment

However, I respectfully disagree with your decision to set the device state to unknown when this error occurs. The unknown state should be reserved for when communication with the physical device is permanently down. Like when the power to a z-wave device has been turned off. Z-Wave can have com failures that have to be retried. Such errors do not cause the Z-wave device to go into an "Unknown" state. The system simply retries the com up to N times before determining that communication with the device is no longer possible and then sets the state to "Unknown". That is not the case with this com error in AK Bond. There is no permanent failure present. Like with Z-wave you could simply retry the communication up to N times before deciding that communication is impossible and logging an error and setting the device state to unknown. That would be the way to do it that would be most consistent with the concept behind the "Unknown" state.
                              Ok, ok

Comment

Of course the best solution in the end would be to use push notification for status, but perhaps that should wait until their push notification is out of beta.

BTW, I signed up for Bond's beta program and loaded 2.10.17. Not only did that not fix the problem with the 6 speed fan enumerating deleted devices in the API, it broke the light dimming function of the 6 speed fan as well. After using the dimming function in the Bond app and hitting stop, the light is often left in an unsynced state that requires use of the fan remote to fix. Even their "fix state" function does not fix the state. The fix state function thinks the light state is opposite of the what the app shows on the device page which is the opposite of the physical light?! Same thing happened when I tried dimming with the AK Bond device. Not surprising. I reverted back to the 2.10.8 firmware, but had to clear the app data and cache to get it work right again.

Comment

Working...
                                X