Issues with AK Bond installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJMH View Post
    Of course the best solution in the end would be to use push notification for status, but perhaps that should wait until their push notification is out of beta.

BTW, I signed up for Bond's beta program and loaded 2.10.17. Not only did that not fix the problem with the 6 speed fan enumerating deleted devices in the API, it broke the light dimming function of the 6 speed fan as well. After using the dimming function in the Bond app and hitting stop, the light is often left in an unsynced state that requires use of the fan remote to fix. Even their "fix state" function does not fix the state. The fix state function thinks the light state is opposite of the what the app shows on the device page which is the opposite of the physical light?! Same thing happened when I tried dimming with the AK Bond device. Not surprising. I reverted back to the 2.10.8 firmware, but had to clear the app data and cache to get it work right again.
    They still testing the Beta. BTW, did you inform them about your "findings"? I don't see any new posts there. And no reply to my post.

Comment

Haven't had a chance. My first contact with Bond about getting the beta version was not encouraging. They basically blew me off and told me to wait until they released it. I found a way to join the beta program by doing web searches. So it hasn't been on my priority list. Perhaps posting will get better response ....

Comment

They are usually quite welcoming

Comment

Originally posted by CJMH
          Please ignore my last email. I figured out that was looking at the "Fan.Light" device instead of the "Fan.Down.Light" device. This idea of making three devices out of a possible two physical devices is nuts! Especially when there is only one physical light.
          I can fix anything, just tell me what would you like to see?

Comment

Working...
          X