Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

seemed is dangerous word
    Since com error lodging was off in v27 I could only go by the devices cycling through the Unknown state. All devices Hub and SBBs cycled into the Unknown state in v27.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMH View Post

Since com error lodging was off in v27 I could only go by the devices cycling through the Unknown state. All devices Hub and SBBs cycled into the Unknown state in v27.
      Since it seems like only the Bond hub is getting occasional com errors in v28, does that provide any clues?

Comment

Since it seems like only the Bond hub is getting occasional com errors in v28, does that provide any clues?
        That gives two clues:

1. Assuming you did get the errors in v.27 for all devices - v.28 fixed the problem, and
        2. Bond Bridge has another issue, which is now Bond problem.

Comment

That gives two clues:

1. Assuming you did get the errors in v.27 for all devices - v.28 fixed the problem, and
          2. Bond Bridge has another issue, which is now Bond problem.
          I think you may have jumped to a conclusion too soon about the problem being a Bond problem since the problem is intermittent. If it is a Bond problem, why are you not seeing issues with Windows?

Comment

I think you may have jumped to a conclusion too soon about the problem being a Bond problem since the problem is intermittent. If it is a Bond problem, why are you not seeing issues with Windows?
            I mean it can be a problem with your Bond, so it's got nothing to do with OS. In addition there may be slight difference in socket implementation between Mono and Windows.

Comment

So are you saying that you think my Bond is broken in a way that only causes com errors every once in a while?

Comment

No necessary broken - but sometimes doesn't reply. Not sure. Because if it doesn't reply then there should be different timeout error, not receive failure - which means ir replied with 0 bytes.

Probably I'll keep Googling. Interesting it works on SBB...

Comment

https://forum.bondhome.io/t/error-ge...vefailure/1325

Comment

No necessary broken - but sometimes doesn't reply. Not sure. Because if it doesn't reply then there should be different timeout error, not receive failure - which means ir replied with 0 bytes.

Probably I'll keep Googling. Interesting it works on SBB...
                    Your comment on it being my Bond hub got me thinking. My Bond Hub is running Beta firmware v2.10.18 which could be a difference. I did not want to revert to the release firmware 2.10.8 since there was a bug in the up/down light template. I found that Bond has release Beta v2.10.21. I updated my hub with it and updated AK Bond to v28 and restarted my Zee S2 to get a clean start. I thought that fixed it since it had reported any errors for over 15 minutes, but after 20 minutes it is back to reporting com errors on the hub every minute or so. I have not seen any errors on the SBBs. Just the Bond Hub.

Comment

Your comment on it being my Bond hub got me thinking. My Bond Hub is running Beta firmware v2.10.18 which could be a difference. I did not want to revert to the release firmware 2.10.8 since there was a bug in the up/down light template. I found that Bond has release Beta v2.10.21. I updated my hub with it and updated AK Bond to v28 and restarted my Zee S2 to get a clean start. I thought that fixed it since it had reported any errors for over 15 minutes, but after 20 minutes it is back to reporting com errors on the hub every minute or so. I have not seen any errors on the SBBs. Just the Bond Hub.
                      After seeing the com errors start up again, I enabled the log for the Bond Hub. I have not seen another com error for 30 minutes. This is like before where enabling the log stopped the errors from happening. This has got to be a clue. I will keep the log on for another hour and report back.

Comment

after 20 minutes it is back to reporting com errors on the hub every minute or so.
                        Jacob asked what messages are failing? Can you collect some stats, i.e. how often, for how long, and which messages.

I noticed that when you get the error - it's not a single error - it's a few in a row. Or I'm wrong?

Comment

v28 has been running for 90 minutes with the log running and no com errors reported in that time. Before I enabled the log the following com errors occurred after running for 20 minutes from Zee S2 restart: There are two instances of two errors in a row, but there are also instance of a number of coms that worked in between errors (polling period is 10 seconds). I'm going to turn the logging off now and see if the errors com back.
                          Code:
                           [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:23:49 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
                           			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]AK Bond ERROR[/COLOR][/TD]
                           			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000][480]: [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135): Execute '/v2/devices/27a50892/state': Status: 'Error' (ReceiveFailure). Error: 'Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure'.[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:19:05 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000][480]: [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135): Execute '/v2/devices/27a50892/state': Status: 'Error' (ReceiveFailure). Error: 'Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure'.[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:17:13 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000][480]: [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135): Execute '/v2/devices/68479fa2': Status: 'Error' (ReceiveFailure). Error: 'Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure'.[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:17:03 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:16:22 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000][480]: [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135): Execute '/v2/devices/68479fa2': Status: 'Error' (ReceiveFailure). Error: 'Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure'.[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:16:12 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 8:15:21 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                           		[/TR]
                          [/TABLE]

Comment

At about 3 minutes after turning off the logging on the Bond Hub, AK Bond reported these errors:
                            Code:
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"] 			[TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:05:54 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             					[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:05:24 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             					[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:04:43 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             					[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:04:12 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             					[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:00:59 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             						[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000][480]: [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135): Execute '/v2/devices/68479fa2/state': Status: 'Error' (ReceiveFailure). Error: 'Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure'.[/COLOR][/TD]
                             					[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:00:49 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             					[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [/TD]
                             		[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            Seems pretty clear that turning on the logging effects the errors in a positive way for some reason ....

Comment

At about 3 minutes after turning off the logging on the Bond Hub, AK Bond reported these errors:
                              Code:
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"] [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:05:54 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:05:24 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:04:43 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:04:12 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:00:59 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000][480]: [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135): Execute '/v2/devices/68479fa2/state': Status: 'Error' (ReceiveFailure). Error: 'Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure'.[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              [TR]
                              [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Feb-18 10:00:49 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              [/TD]
                              [/TR]
                              [/TABLE]
                              Seems pretty clear that turning on the logging effects the errors in a positive way for some reason ....
                              So it's not just a single arror once-in-a-while? It looks like youget three in a row?

Comment

So it's not just a single arror once-in-a-while? It looks like youget three in a row?
                                And only the Bridge...

Comment

Working...
                                X