Minka-aire Dyno XL with Smart by Bond chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

And it's breaking change for existing users. Will need more testing.
    Sorry about that, but I assume you do want it work for multiple bridges. I may not be the typical user ....

Comment

Originally posted by CJMH View Post

Sorry about that, but I assume you do want it work for multiple bridges. I may not be the typical user ....
      I did fix it already, did you miss my previous posts? Ver. 3.0.0.27.

And sure, I'm glad you foud it - better sooner than later.

Comment

Version 3.0.0.27 - Add Bridge ID to device IDs to make them unique between multiple SBB devices.
        v27 is working with all three bridges now (except for com err issue), but it did create new devices which is a pain. I wish there was a function that would globally replace device X with device Y in all the events.

Comment

v27 is working with all three bridges now (except for com err issue), but it did create new devices which is a pain. I wish there was a function that would globally replace device X with device Y in all the events.
          I could create upgrade function, but I like it KISS

The more code - the more testing, the more possibility to break

Comment

I think it should be a HS3 function. I have had Z-Wave switches die and it is pain finding all the events that need to be changed to the new switch.

Comment

I think it should be a HS3 function. I have had Z-Wave switches die and it is pain finding all the events that need to be changed to the new switch.
              There's Jon00EventViewer which shows you all events, searchable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jon00EventViewer.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1362136

Comment

It does not help me, but that should be easy to do really and would help other customers. Just look at the AK Bond device ID, if matches just the Bond Device ID, then convert it the Bond Bridge + Bond Device ID. Since the device ID alone will be unique in any currently working systems this does not break anything and would avoid any headache on the part of your customers.

Comment

It does not help me, but that should be to do really and would help other customers. Just look at the AK Bond device ID, if matches just the Bond Device ID, then convert it the Bond Bridge + Bond Device ID. Since the device ID alone will be unique in any currently working systems this does not break anything and would avoid any headache on the part of your customers.
                  I know, I know. But I hope it's quite early stage, the plugin isn't even a month old, so it would be pretty unnecessary functionality.

But believe me, in all my (established) plugins I always implement any upgrade path under the hood - so the users never notice.

Right now I'm trying to finish big refactor of my SmartDevice plugin:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartDeviceUpgraded.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1362203

Comment

Did you do something to fix the read socket com errors in v27? I have been watching it for a while now and haven't seen any errors (or devices go it the "unknown" state).

After updating the firmware in the Smart by Bond fans I did get these errors but the plugin is working. I have also attached the config page info:
                    Feb-13 12:12:30 PM AK Bond Warning [480]: Creating device type: CF, id: 27a50892 'Sue's Fan'
                    Feb-13 12:12:30 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page AKBond_Config_Page: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <47f3a07f91174a3295a188939bcd1b0d>:0
                    Feb-13 12:12:28 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page AKBond_Config_Page: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <47f3a07f91174a3295a188939bcd1b0d>:0
                    Feb-13 12:12:27 PM AK Bond Warning [480]: Creating device type: CF, id: 68479fa2 'Master Fan'
                    Feb-13 12:12:27 PM AK Bond Warning [635]: Creating device type: CF, id: 1 'Sofa Fan'
                    Feb-13 12:12:27 PM AK Bond Warning [616]: Creating device type: CF, id: 1 'Garden Side Fan'
                    Feb-13 12:12:26 PM AK Bond Warning Running on 'linux' - using Locator.MonoZeroconf.DeviceLocator
                    Feb-13 12:12:25 PM AK Bond [0]: * Set Bond [Bond Bridge] KSMWDCE75139 (192.168.0.184) (HSPI_AKBond.DeviceBondBridge) Same: False
                    Feb-13 12:12:25 PM AK Bond Saved device: Bond Bridge (Bridge), id: KSMWDCE75139, url: http://192.168.0.184/
                    Feb-13 12:12:25 PM AK Bond [0]: * Set Bond [Bond Bridge] KSMWDCE75366 (192.168.0.129) (HSPI_AKBond.DeviceBondBridge) Same: False
                    Feb-13 12:12:25 PM AK Bond Saved device: Bond Bridge (Bridge), id: KSMWDCE75366, url: http://192.168.0.129/
                    Feb-13 12:12:24 PM AK Bond [0]: * Set Bond [Bond Bridge] ZZCC69147 (192.168.0.135) (HSPI_AKBond.DeviceBondBridge) Same: False
                    Feb-13 12:12:24 PM AK Bond Saved device: Bond Bridge (Bridge), id: ZZCC69147, url: http://192.168.0.135/
                    Feb-13 12:12:24 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AK Bond
                    Feb-13 12:12:24 PM Starting Plug-In AK Bond loaded in 4805 milliseconds
                    Feb-13 12:12:24 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin AK Bond started successfully in 2083 milliseconds
                    Feb-13 12:12:23 PM AK Bond UpdateConfiguration: scheduled
                    Feb-13 12:12:22 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin AK Bond ...
                    Feb-13 12:12:22 PM Info Plugin AK Bond has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59680
                    Feb-13 12:12:19 PM Plug-In Interface AK Bond is running as a trial, 20 days remaining.
                    Feb-13 12:12:08 PM Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/AKBond_Config_Page
                    Feb-13 12:12:07 PM Info Plugin AK Bond with instance: has disconnected
                    Feb-13 12:12:07 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: AK Bond
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did you do something to fix the read socket com errors in v27? I have been watching it for a while now and haven't seen any errors (or devices go it the "unknown" state).

After updating the firmware in the Smart by Bond fans I did get these errors but the plugin is working.
                      Not really.

Did you update the firmware while plugin war running?

Comment

Not really.

Did you update the firmware while plugin war running?
                        I updated the Smart by Bond firmware and after that was done I restarted AK Bond and the error occurred. I assume it was because something changed in what AK Bond saw when getting info from the Smart By Bond fans. Since there are two errors that would correspond to the two fans that were updated. Just a thought .... Like I said everything is working so it certainly wasn't fatal.

BTW, not that it helps much, but I did purchase the plugin.

Comment

BTW, not that it helps much, but I did purchase the plugin.
                          Thank you Chris.

The errors coming from config page (PostBackProc) - which means you had the device config page open between plugin restart?

Comment

If you want to report the com errors as errors in the log I could give that a try.

Comment

If you want to report the com errors as errors in the log I could give that a try.
                              IDN, do you think so?

Comment

IDN, do you think so?
                                Part of me says leave it alone, but it probably would be good information for you to know if mono 5.18 fixed the com problem. The errors ("Unknown" device icons) I was seeing after I updated mono could have been from the issue with the ID confusion in the Smart by Bond fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X