Question about expected function of Bond App and remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about expected function of Bond App and remote control

I have a Bond Bridge and a Minka Aire ceiling fan working properly using Bond IOS app and using Homeseer Plugin.

I also have a Minka Aire wall control remote that properly controls the fan, but the problem is that when I use the remote control, the status is not updated in Bond App or in Homeseer.

Is this the expected function of the Bond App or am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I have a Bond Bridge and a Minka Aire ceiling fan working properly using Bond IOS app and using Homeseer Plugin.

I also have a Minka Aire wall control remote that properly controls the fan, but the problem is that when I use the remote control, the status is not updated in Bond App or in Homeseer.

Is this the expected function of the Bond App or am I doing something wrong?
    I suspect you can't do much about it. When you use the remote - it just emits the signal to the device, but there's no feedback. Some newer devices do have two directional comms.

The plugin only knows what Bond bridge knows. So if HS behavior matches the Bridge - there's nothing I can do.

I always encourage users to register on https://forum.bondhome.io to ask questions - the Bond guys are very helpful.

Comment

This is what I figured.

As usual, in Homeseer, there is always a work around:

I programmed a Harmony remote to integrate with Homeseer and I use a couple of buttons to cycle through the fan speeds and turn the fan off. The fan I have is slow to achieve full speed and there are 6 speeds, so it becomes confusing which speed we are on when we cycle through. I solved this issue by adding simple announcements that let us know where we are in the cycling.... works great. I don't use the wall control at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
        I programmed a Harmony remote to integrate with Homeseer and I use a couple of buttons to cycle through the fan speeds and turn the fan off. The fan I have is slow to achieve full speed and there are 6 speeds, so it becomes confusing which speed we are on when we cycle through. I solved this issue by adding simple announcements that let us know where we are in the cycling.... works great. I don't use the wall control at all now.
        That's a good idea

Comment

Working...
        X