Initial Setup of BLRF question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Setup of BLRF question

Hi Bob, I purchased BLRF for HS 4 and would like some help in the initial setup. I am running a W800RF32a, initially to be used with legacy X10 motion detectors (MS16a), palm pads, and DS10a's. It appears that the plug-in has found the w800 on the comm port (on an edgeport) since it shows "open" in the startup log, but it's not recognizing a motion detector or palm pad signal. Other than assigning the comm port, the only setup I've done in the plug-in is the re-transmit for the house codes and turned on full logging.

How do I best setup motion detectors in the plug-in? Do I setup a device in HS4 as a regular device? or a shadow device?

Currently I see nothing in the log when there's motion or when I press a palm pad button. (I've turned on full logging at the moment).

Thanks

Wow this is going to test my memory as I have not used X10 at all for many years
    House code and device code do not exist anymore in HS4
    I do have a W800 here so I may need to find a X10 motion sensor (if I have one to test it)
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Wow this is going to test my memory as I have not used X10 at all for many years
      House code and device code do not exist anymore in HS4
      I do have a W800 here so I may need to find a X10 motion sensor (if I have one to test it)
      Haha! I appreciate your memory! I watched your video where it talked about MS16a etc. It shows the HS3 screens but still doesn't click with me. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

I am going to have to try and buy a MS16A because I cannot find one here at all
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

OK I grabbed a few off ebay from a guy in Canada
          I will test it out in HS4 once I get them
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            OK I grabbed a few off ebay from a guy in Canada
            I will test it out in HS4 once I get them
            ah, thanks Bob. I was going to suggest not going to the bother. I'll work thru my issue here by trail and error. Sorry about that!

Comment

Does the plug-in install the W800 drivers/ocx? or do I need to install and register them?

Comment

Plugin does not install any drivers - just uses serial communication with W800
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post

ah, thanks Bob. I was going to suggest not going to the bother. I'll work thru my issue here by trail and error. Sorry about that!
                  Hi Bob, I was able to get the MS16a working with the plug-in. It's now triggering and utilizing the CM11a plug-in from Mark. Sorry that you've gone to the trouble of getting motion sensors. I can confirm that it works for X10 in HS4 on Windows 10.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X