X10 received trigger - working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 received trigger - working!

The BLRF plugin has an x10 received event trigger. I have tried to use this in an HS3 event to trigger when an x10 - F15 is received from a motion sensor. I have "retransmit to power line" turned on. I can't get this to work. I get no log messages; no error messages; nothing! I am using a CM15a - x10 interface in HS3 and a W800 -USB32.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Capture a debug log in BLRF and attach it zipped or email it to me.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade,

I turned debug on and looked at the log. It helped me find several problems. The main problem was: the "disabled" checkbox was ticked for all device letters. Not sure how that happened.

Also, I moved my TI103 x10 interface to HS3 this morning. It took me over an hour to discover there was a TI103 setting in setup for the X10 CM11a. The plugin finally started working when I changed this setting to TI103.

I have successfully created 2 events that are now triggered by "BLRF: X10 Trigger". All is good!

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Emulate X10 ?

In the ACRF2 plug-in for HS2 there is an option to 'emulate' a power line X10 received signal from a wireless X10 device so the signal doesn't have to add congestion on the power line. Is that capability available in BLRF?
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That does not exist in BLRF today
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            That does not exist in BLRF today
            That sounds like it has a 'but' at the end. Does that mean the capability could be added?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              In the ACRF2 plug-in for HS2 there is an option to 'emulate' a power line X10 received signal from a wireless X10 device so the signal doesn't have to add congestion on the power line. Is that capability available in BLRF?
              I'm confused about what this is used for... Can you explain its purpose?

Thanks

Rob
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                That sounds like it has a 'but' at the end. Does that mean the capability could be added?
                Yes it could be added but I too am confused on how exactly it works.
                Is it like the re-transmit?
                Can you explain?
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Yes it could be added but I too am confused on how exactly it works. Is it like the re-transmit? Can you explain?
                  I cannot explain how Jon Ort implemented it, but from a users point of view it allowed an X10 command received wirelessly to be used as a trigger without the delay and congestion of actually retransmitting the command on the power line. Somehow he 'tricked' HS2 into thinking an X10 command had been received on the power line rather than through his plug-in.

I asked the same question on the RFXCOM forum, and got an even better answer. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177927
                  Now that HS3 has added a trigger of 'Value set or changed' it is possible to trigger on repeat On commands to a device without an intervening Off command, for example.

I'm assuming that scheme will work with BLRF as well, but since Steve didn't use it I wondered it didn't work reliably. So, I decided to ask the question.

Comment

Working...
                  X