Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COM connection through Global Cache IP2SL Controller?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COM connection through Global Cache IP2SL Controller?

    Can this plugin recognize an URTS interface connected to HomeSeer through a Glocal Cache RS232 Controller?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Assuming you are mapping this to a local com port this should work.
    I have not tested it, but the system should not see a difference.

    Do you see a response if you connect to this local port mapping using a terminal application?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Toby View Post
      Assuming you are mapping this to a local com port this should work.
      I have not tested it, but the system should not see a difference.

      Do you see a response if you connect to this local port mapping using a terminal application?
      Unfortunately I do not have a Global Cache IP2SL controller with me right now. I should receive one in a week or so.

      How would one map this so it becomes a local/native COM port in HS3?

      Comment


      • #4
        As for any other network comport devices. you need a sw on you HS3 machine to connect to the network device and emulate the local comport.
        A software like this: https://www.fabulatech.com/network-serial-port-kit.html (although I don't now if this specific software supports GlobalCache but I assume so..)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dchramcow View Post

          Unfortunately I do not have a Global Cache IP2SL controller with me right now. I should receive one in a week or so.

          How would one map this so it becomes a local/native COM port in HS3?
          Eterlogic is free serial port emulator (http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html). It works fine with Global Cache devices.

          Comment


          • #6
            Very nice options, thanks.

            Could this work on a HomeTroller Zee S2 running HS3? (linux).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
              Very nice options, thanks.

              Could this work on a HomeTroller Zee S2 running HS3? (linux).
              Sorry, I don't know. I am using Windows 10.

              Comment

              Working...
              X