RFXCOM plug-in 30.0.0.38 high lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
    On request I can create a special version for you that creates the relationships again during startup.
    Delete all relationships and run this special version one time. After that use the normal plug-in version.
    Thanks, that would be great!
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

But if it's a special version, then subsequent versions are going to cause problems... Like Al, as you can see, I had multiple devices. I can ungroup them - and they were all ungrouped. But not grouped by the plugin as far as I could see... I'll try again next weekend...
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Contact me at support /at/ rfxcom.com if you would like to receive the special .38 plugin version that creates the grouped sensors.

The devices are grouped only if you upgrade from a version lower than this .38 Thus also if you upgrade from .37 to a future version .39.
        If you delete a device from a grouped sensor and add it again it will go through the same software routine and group all sensors of this physical sensor.

Comment

Ok... I tried with a clean slate with my Oregon sensors and battery groupings. Since I had them grouped with Jon's Grouping utility for a couple of years now, I thought I would ungroup them all prior to my second attempt to upgrade the plugin and allow the new version to group them. I verified in device management that they were indeed ungrouped. To my surprise after the upgrade none of my temperature devices were grouped and I could not find any battery devices (grouped or ungrouped) following the upgrade.

I've gone through 5 updates to this plugin from it's initial implementation of .32. Versions .33, .34, .35, .36, .37 have never caused any issues with this.

Is there any solution to this? Grouping is important to me and like Al had mentioned above, I don't want to delete and add my devices back.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The devices are grouped only if you upgrade from a version lower than this .38 and this is done only once.
            Ask support rfxcom.com for a special version 38 that updates the sensors.
            installation instructions:
            Stop the RFXCOM plug-in,
            Rename the original HSPI_RFXCOM.exe in the HS3 directory to HSPI_RFXCOM.org
            Copy the HSPI_RFXCOM.exe received from support RFXCOM to the HS3 directory,
            Start the RFXCOM plug-in, (the sensors will be grouped)
            Stop the RFXCOM plug-in,
            Rename the special HSPI_RFXCOM.exe in the HS3 directory to HSPI_RFXCOM.spc
            Rename the original HSPI_RFXCOM.org in the HS3 directory to HSPI_RFXCOM.exe
            Start the RFXCOM plug-in.

Do not use the special version anymore.

Comment

Seeing as I was running .37 of the plugin which is lower than .38, I don't understand... Why do I then need the special version of .38?

After my last attempt (2 weeks ago), I restored my HS3 directory from a backup that day. Today, I made a copy of it again, then ungrouped what was grouped by Jon's script then tried the update again. Grouping never happened thereafter. The upgrade was from .37 to .38. I then reverted back to my backup again because the issue isn't resolved.

Robert

Comment

That is the way it operates. You need the special version!
                send an email to support rfxcom.com

Comment

Will do... e-mail sent.

Thanks

Comment

I just updated to the 30.0.0.38 from 30.0.0.37 and now i am unable to get any response from my receiver. No temps or security sensors are reading. Any idea how to roll back to .37?
                    It seems as soon as I shut down HS3 and reload I lose all my sensors from the rfx.com plug in.
                    If I look at my error log i get a error of counter roll over detected, correction will be done after two more readings. I guess I should not have updated to .38

Comment

you should be able to use .38.

Are the devices deleted or just no longer updated?
                      which OS, Linux or Windows?
                      is the state of the receiver on-line?
                      Which receiver/transceiver type is used?

Send this information to support rfxcom.com including the full HS log of the start-up (copy - paste, no screen dump).

Comment

Ok I forwarded this to support.

It is the old receiver that is usb and I am running windows 10 and what happened is that I had icons from the rfx.com plugin for devices that I had added in security and temp sections. I had them displaying on the device status page and the device view page. Well now the icons wont display or show up in IE, firefox, or chrome on the device status page. If I look at them on my Android phone through HS touch the items display and if I look in the view device management on HS3 they are there. I dont know if HS did anything to the device Status page or not or if it has to do with the .38 update.

Comment

wolfe4656, I suppose it is not a problem in the RFXCOM plug-in, see also
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ce-status-page

Comment

I'm also using the older USB 315/433Mhz receiver on COM11 at 38400 Baud. Generally, I use this receiver for Oregon devices as well as the RFX power meter. So far, I've been unable to receive data from any device. I've connected to a WGL800 (315Mhz) for X10 motion sensors using this plugin COM6. This does appear to work based on limited tests.
                            For the record, there is no problem when using HS2 with the same configuration. This is part of my latest attempt to finally migrate everything to HS3.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

You can use the RFreceiver program to switch the baudrate of the old RFXCOM receiver to 4800 as used by the HS3 plugin.
                              Or add this line just after the first [Startup] line in the HomeSeer HS3\Config\RFXCOM.ini file:
                              BaudRec1=38400

Baudrec1 for receiver 1, BaudRec2 for receiver 2 ..... BaudRec6 for receiver 6

Comment

Thank-you Bert. I'll try that as I'll likely be switching back and forth for some time. Is there a reason this isn't included on the receiver configuration pages?
                                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                                X