Input device battery monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input device battery monitor

I have an Oregon temp/RH sensor and an associated battery device. My initial estimate of battery life was too short, so I have extended it. I set the battery device's value to zero to reset it - worked fine - and it now is reporting the battery is ok and the correct number of days used and total, but I continue to get low battery warnings on the "Input Sensor Display". I've tried restarting the plug-in and restarting HS, but the warnings continue even though the battery monitor device itself is reporting the battery is ok. What do I need to do to reset the warnings?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

set a new life time and set the battery exchange date to today.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      set a new life time and set the battery exchange date to today.
      Thank you for the quick response. I'm trying to iterate to a meaningful battery life. I was hoping I could just enter a new lifetime. If I have to reset the date, then I'll need to keep track of the actual exchange date manually. Is that what I should plan on doing?

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Setting the date to the current date didn't seem to reset the sensor display either. Since I am trying to determine a reasonable number of days to use as expected battery life, I'm really not making use of the device as designed, so I decided to delete it and track battery life manually. I'll try the battery device again once I have a better guess for the life time.

Comment

if you don't know battery life of a sensor you enter the first time a very long time, for example 3650 days (10 year) When the battery becomes empty you can see the days used, replace the battery and enter for the battery life the number of days used minus 10 percent.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1292063

Comment

I'll try that the next time I have to change the battery. Thanks.

Comment

I just had to change the battery in an Oregon TH sensor. When I did, the sensor had to be re-added to the plugin using a new Sensor ID as expected, which in turn generated a new Device Reference in HS. Had the same thing happen a few days ago with a DS10 door sensor. The problem is that when this happens, any event associated with the device as part of a trigger breaks as HS uses the Device Reference. It can be a lot of work finding and correcting the events.
              Is there any way anyone can think of to avoid this? (In HS2, I would simply edit the Sensor ID for the DS10 before saving; although I admit I did use another plugin at the time).
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Did you read chapter 3.1.2 in the RFXCOM HS3 User Guide?

A battery change in an Oregon sensor will change the sensor ID. DO NOT DELETE THE SENSOR!
                The only thing you must do is to select the new sensor ID on the configuration page of the battery sensor.
                All associated sensors (temperature, humidity…) are now automatically updated with the new ID.
                Update also the Battery Replaced date.

Comment

Thank-you, I see it now. My concern was more about the DS10's, but I see that as well.
                  I've spent the past 2+ weeks migrating from HS2, and my head is spinning from reading manuals, posts and documents while trying to keep things running, and everyone happy around here.

While I have your ear though did you see this? (I have read this section)
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...ment-rfx-meter
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                  X