Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication error - after a few days

Good day

After updating HS3 to last version, 3.0.0.531, I have started to get «communication failure» after a few days. Then I just toggle disable/enable the RFXcom plugin, and it works for a few days again.
    Plugin version 30.0.0.38
    Rfxcom 433xl hardware.

Any ideas ?

Truls

Which hardware is used to run HS3?

Comment

Hometroller SEL @linux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do not run the USB cable near to power cables,
        Use a good quality power supply on the Hometroller,
        Or use a USB hub powered by a good quality power supply.

Comment

Thanks for advice, but it is connected directly to Hometroller with original cable, and no power nearby.
          And it have until recently worked without any lost connections, until I upgraded to .531.
          It seems strange if Communication failure starts coming regularly with fixed intervals for any other reasons than software.
          It starts working again with a disable/enable rfxcom plugin, no changes done to the hardware, and no power cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the same HS3 version on a Windows10 system and a RFXtrx433XL without a problem.
            You did not add an USB device?
            Is there anything in the HS log that could give an indication of the problem?

Comment

The other thing to check is the USB ports through Device Manager and make sure that power saving options are disabled. I had no issues after upgrading to .531 so maybe a Windows update caused a change in settings for the USB ports?
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
              X