All my motion detectors have stopped working since last update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my motion detectors have stopped working since last update

I updated my RFX plugin on 24/08 to the latest version ( I was at least 3 releases behind the latest release before when everything was working fine ). Since that, time all of my events based on motion have stopped triggering.In the log I am seeing the following entries for my motion detectors:
    Aug-29 21:20:48 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) Off command not processed for:E1
    Aug-29 21:18:36 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) On command not processed for:E1
    The status of the devices haven't updated since I did the plugin update
    No Motion
    Bathroom Motion Sensor E1 24/08/2019
    20:48:49
    Darkness detected
    Bathroom Dusk / Dawn Sensor E2 24/08/2019
    20:14:37

I've tried rebooting, disabling / re-enabling plugin etc, but still having the same issue.
    Any ideas?

Start here : http://www.rfxcom.com/downloads.htm but please note!, don not flash your device with the wrong firmware.(You have to disable the plugin first)
    When finished reboot the server and enable the plugin and test your devices again.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Have you had this issue then?. My RFX receiver is one of the original receivers, so I doubt very much whether there will be either updated firmware or even if my unit can be updated. If this is a known issue then I'll have to find a way to go back to the previous plugin version I was using before

Comment

No... you need to set the baud rate in the rfxcom.ini file.

EDIT: Here's the answer you're looking for...
        You can use the RFreceiver program to switch the baudrate of the old RFXCOM receiver to 4800 as used by the HS3 plugin.
        Or add this line just after the first [Startup] line in the HomeSeer HS3\Config\RFXCOM.ini file:
        BaudRec1=38400

Baudrec1 for receiver 1, BaudRec2 for receiver 2 ..... BaudRec6 for receiver 6
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I've given that a go with both 38400 & 4800 baudrate for the receiver. I'm assuming that 4800 should be correct because the receiver appears to initialise okay and I see the messages when motion occurs, but it looks like the received X10 command is not passed on between the plugin and HS. I'm sure there was a config option for this in the plugin somwhere but I just can't seem to see it. I'm still getting these where A13 & A15 are the X10 addresses of 2 motion sensors
          Aug-30 17:26:58 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) On command not processed for:A13
          Aug-30 17:25:05 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) Off command not processed for:A15
          So the plugin is definitely receiving correctly.

Does anybody have a backup copy of HSPI_RFXCOM.exe of version somewhere around 30.0.0.35 to .38 ( I think I was on one of these before i updated )

Comment

Do (did) you have a WLG800 attached. If not, then I'm not sure about your configuration. For myself, I have a separate WLG100 for my X-10 stuff and the original RFXCOM receiver for my temp sensors. What are you using for motion sensors? Seems weird it worked before...

Hopefully Bert catches this thread.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkeslr View Post
              I've given that a go with both 38400 & 4800 baudrate for the receiver. I'm assuming that 4800 should be correct because the receiver appears to initialise okay and I see the messages when motion occurs, but it looks like the received X10 command is not passed on between the plugin and HS. I'm sure there was a config option for this in the plugin somwhere but I just can't seem to see it. I'm still getting these where A13 & A15 are the X10 addresses of 2 motion sensors
              Aug-30 17:26:58 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) On command not processed for:A13
              Aug-30 17:25:05 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) Off command not processed for:A15
              So the plugin is definitely receiving correctly.

Does anybody have a backup copy of HSPI_RFXCOM.exe of version somewhere around 30.0.0.35 to .38 ( I think I was on one of these before i updated )
              Did you confirm that your receiver still has the X10 protocol checked off? I vaguely remember that it was removed during one update??

Z

Comment

Never had a WLG800, always used my RFXcom receiver for anything RF related. My sensors are MS13e ? I think, I have UK & US versions of that sensor and they all seem to report in the log that X10 is being received but not being passed on. The receiver is UK 433Mhz version with a US frequency daughterboard. My other sensors seem to be receiving fine the DS10 US frequency door sensors are changing state, my Oregon temp sensors are working and the RFXPower is reporting usage.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post

Did you confirm that your receiver still has the X10 protocol checked off? I vaguely remember that it was removed during one update??

Z
                  Yes, X10 is ticked. I've unticked it, restarted the plugin, ticked it again, restarted it again......still the same

Comment

It seems to me there's a new option in ...40 to allow X10RF devices to be treated as input devices. There's likely an associated option in the configuration. In your case you wouldn't want that option checked. (There's a thread on the subject, probably a couple of months ago where Bert described it. Likely in the new Doc as well.).

I do have ...38 here as I had no need to upgrade as yet. Could zip it up and send if need be.
                    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Bert, if you're around, can you tell me what I have done wrong here please??

I've activated debug level 2 & plugin debug messages, but it means nothing to me
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (RecRxChar) receiver #1 packet: 20649B48B7
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (HSEvent) parms1=K8055-AI-1
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) On command not processed for:A15
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (HSEvent) parms0=1024
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (processX10) cmd received:A15 On
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (processx10) intmode:2
                      Aug-30 20:14:22 RFXCOM 40 (processx10) called with:A15 cmd:1 koppla:0
                      Has anything changed in the plugin where I need to motion sensors to be on the house code shown in the plugins general settings config page?

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                        It seems to me there's a new option in ...40 to allow X10RF devices to be treated as input devices. There's likely an associated option in the configuration. In your case you wouldn't want that option checked. (There's a thread on the subject, probably a couple of months ago where Bert described it. Likely in the new Doc as well.).

I do have ...38 here as I had no need to upgrade as yet. Could zip it up and send if need be.
                        Thanks for the info, must have missed that so I'll have look for it. I might want to take you up on the .38 version if I can't fix it ( the wifes had enough of the bathroom light not coming on when you get up in the middle of the night )

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

All sorted after searching for the thread you mentioned. In the general config page I had house codes A, C & E set to "full" which is how it has always worked for years now. I've changed that to "status only" and everything now works again as it always used to.
                          The wife will be happy, she can now see when she pee
                          Aug-30 20:43:23 Device Control Device: Bathroom Plinth Lights to Off (0)
                          Aug-30 20:43:23 Event Event Trigger "Motion Triggerred Bathroom no motion at night"
                          Aug-30 20:42:55 Z-Wave Device: Hall Temperature Set to 22.5 (C)
                          Aug-30 20:41:10 Device Control Device: Bathroom Plinth Lights to On (100)
                          Aug-30 20:41:10 Event Event Trigger "Motion Triggerred Bathroom motion at night"

Comment

Originally posted by wilkeslr View Post

Thanks for the info, must have missed that so I'll have look for it. I might want to take you up on the .38 version if I can't fix it ( the wifes had enough of the bathroom light not coming on when you get up in the middle of the night )
                            Believe me, I feel your pain.
                            Glad it's sorted.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I'm also getting the same problem
                              PHP Code:
                                                          Jan-23 19:43:22                           RFXCOM             40 (processX10On command not processed for:M11 
                              Please can you tell me where the setting is you changed? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X