Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating firmware in RFXcom RFXrec433 USB

Hi,

I recently looked at my RFXcom rec433 and the firmware is version 1015 and I tried to update it to the current 1025 and was unsuccessful. I shut down homeseer and downloaded the RFXflash utility along with the RFXrec433_1025 hex file. When I open the Flash utility, I am able to connect to the device via Com3 but it does not allow me to select in the box of what type of RFX device I have. When I go to file to find the 1025.hex file, it cannot find it, as it is looking for the RFXtrx files. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    Hi,

I recently looked at my RFXcom rec433 and the firmware is version 1015 and I tried to update it to the current 1025 and was unsuccessful. I shut down homeseer and downloaded the RFXflash utility along with the RFXrec433_1025 hex file. When I open the Flash utility, I am able to connect to the device via Com3 but it does not allow me to select in the box of what type of RFX device I have. When I go to file to find the 1025.hex file, it cannot find it, as it is looking for the RFXtrx files. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

The utility can behave like that even though you are not on the wright port. It simply will not allow to flash the wrong device with that firmware. 2. Make sure you check indeed it's the wright firmware first, 3 Disable the RFXcom plun in HomeSeer. 4 Check the device manager for you device (wright) port. Go back to the utility and connect to the device then flush. 5 To be able to connect again to the plug in, you have to reboot the Windows again.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

To connect RFXflash you only have to stop the RFXCOM plug-in so that the COM port is released..
      If you have the RFXtrx433 (not the RFXrec433E) try also with RFXtrx Type1 firmware if you are able to select a firmware.
      I still a problem contact support rfxcom.

Comment

Working...
      X