Learning unsupported remote commands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning unsupported remote commands?

First off, let me start by saying I am very new to HomeSeer so please forgive my newbishness..

I recently acquired some motorized shades from a local seller, which are controlled via 433.92MHz remotes. The brand does not appear to be specifically supported via this plugin/device, however I am wondering if "learning" a new command is possible using one of the RFXCOM transceivers? If this helps, here is the manual for the remote itself:

https://static.theshadestore.com/s3/..._Vers._2.0.pdf

Please check with RFXmngr if the remote is received with BlindsT0 or BlindsTx enabled.
    The motor is not supported if the remote is not received in RFXmngr or the motor is not listed in the RFXtrx User Guide chapter 2.

Comment

I see, thank you. I do not currently own a RFXcom device. Is there a particular model that anyone would recommend? It seems the RFXtrx433xl would be appropriate for transmitting and recieving using this protocol?

Comment

There is no option at the moment to use motors with an unknown protocol.
        Many motors are rebranded Dooya motors and in this case it could operate if it is not the bi-directional Dooya type..
        What is type is indicated on the remote? Or check the FCC ID.

If it is a one-directional Dooya you can use the RFXtrx433XL.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
          There is no option at the moment to use motors with an unknown protocol.
          Many motors are rebranded Dooya motors and in this case it could operate if it is not the bi-directional Dooya type..
          What is type is indicated on the remote? Or check the FCC ID.

If it is a one-directional Dooya you can use the RFXtrx433XL.
          I know very little about any of this I'm afraid. I ordered a RFXtrx433XL from a seller whom accepts returns if it does not work.. Here are both motor and remote:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200124_170403.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1356745Click image for larger version

Name:	20200126_005106.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1356746

Comment

Finally got a RFXtrx433XL, running latest firmware 1043. Unfortunately, RFXmngr does not seem to receive anything when I press buttons on my remote. I've tried Blinds T0 and T1, and ARC, each separately... The motor and remote both clearly use the ARC protocol to communicate, but am having no luck.. I've heard there is a way to "pair" certain motors with the RFXtrx433 module.. Is this possible with this one?

Full manual for the motor: https://www.rolleaseacmeda.com/docs/...rsn=f20bec3c_8

Comment

This ARC is different from the ARC protocol in the RFXtrx which is used to control appliance modules.
              The bi-directional protocol of your motor cannot be used.

Comment

Working...
              X