Supported weather stations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported weather stations?

The old link (http://www.rfxcom.com/oregon.htm) for supported weather stations doesn't work any more.

Would something like this be supported? https://www.costco.com/la-crosse-5-i...100432594.html

What weather station do you recommend to work with your plug-in?

The link is: http://www.rfxcom.com/oregon/en

Please see the RFXtrx User Guide chapter 2 for the list of supported sensors by the RFXtrx433

Comment

Hi Bert, think we haven’t spoken in years...

at the risk of being directed to the website 😂 (which I did, but found most mentioned OS supported items for weather stations to be discontinued and no longer available for purchase...), I’d love to know what people are using these days for wind and rain and sunshine.

My 3rd rain PCR800 has died, as has my 2nd WTGR800 (weather is very harsh at this altitude and so close to the mountains...) and my 2nd UV sensor now shows dangerous UV levels at night ...

thanks!!

Sandro

PS - still using the code we tested with Paul years ago for windchill and heat index )
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Hi Sandro,

A few TFA sensors are supported by the RFXtrx433XL.
        Here are some sensors listed https://www.weerstationkopen.nl/rfxcom-usb/

Comment

Thanks a lot, Bert. Will have a look.
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
            Hi Bert, think we haven’t spoken in years...

at the risk of being directed to the website 😂 (which I did, but found most mentioned OS supported items for weather stations to be discontinued and no longer available for purchase...), I’d love to know what people are using these days for wind and rain and sunshine.

My 3rd rain PCR800 has died, as has my 2nd WTGR800 (weather is very harsh at this altitude and so close to the mountains...) and my 2nd UV sensor now shows dangerous UV levels at night ...

thanks!!

Sandro

PS - still using the code we tested with Paul years ago for windchill and heat index )
            I had a similar problems it Oregon Scientific gear. It doesn't last. I had problems with water ingress on rain and wind sesnosrs. I concluded it's cheap crap.

I then moved to Netatmo and have never looked back. It's been in place for 2 years and other than occasional battery replacement it's worked as described. The only problem is that it is cloud based and needs a working Internet connection. No UV sensor though.

M
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

I then moved to Netatmo and have never looked back. It's been in place for 2 years and other than occasional battery replacement it's worked as described. The only problem is that it is cloud based and needs a working Internet connection. No UV sensor though.

M
              Not sure if they have fixed it but the Netatmo wind sensor has/had a design fault with a water ingress issue. My battery compartment filled up with water.

Someone also posted a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRRcK-_4_Q4

My rain gauge has also discolored but still works. These are supplementary to my Davis weather station which is deemed more professional and has never failed in 9 years since I installed it. As they say, you get what you pay for!

Jon

Comment

Cool to see long timers chiming in on this! Thanks for the suggestions... TBH I was looking for a simple OS replacement so I could leave all virtual devices and calculations (like wind chill, heat index, etc) as they are, and not have to rely on an additional plugin beyond RFXCOM for these things... I think a bit of forum and Google investigating is in order )

cheers

Sandro

Comment

Tempest? Has on open API and there's a P/I

Comment

Working...
                  X