Developers Programming Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developers Programming Guide

I have been developing an iOS app that talks to HomeSeer. We are trying to also support plug in devices and one of our users has the RFXCOM plug in. We have managed to decipher some of the values for the devices and control and report the values from those RFXCOM plug in devices. Recognizing that this is a powerful plug in and support so many different types of devices I was hoping to find somewhere the documentation on the device types and sub types that are reported from the plug in when getting the JSON from HomeSeer showing the current devices. I installed the plug in so I could get the documentation but unfortunately it does't appear that the developers guide is still installed with the plug in. Is there any place where I can get the information on what RFXCOM will report and how to handle the devices? Our initial test we have a system that reports a sub type of 52 which is a control for a blinds / curtains device. We are able to parse and handle the device using the control pair information and such, but it would be nice to not have to decipher devices on a "as found" effort.... We would like to be able to understand the underlying device types and sub types that RFXCOM is using so we can support the plug in via our app.

lakehawk Hello, and that user would me....

Comment

Originally posted by lakehawk View Post
      I have been developing an iOS app that talks to HomeSeer. We are trying to also support plug in devices and one of our users has the RFXCOM plug in. We have managed to decipher some of the values for the devices and control and report the values from those RFXCOM plug in devices. Recognizing that this is a powerful plug in and support so many different types of devices I was hoping to find somewhere the documentation on the device types and sub types that are reported from the plug in when getting the JSON from HomeSeer showing the current devices. I installed the plug in so I could get the documentation but unfortunately it does't appear that the developers guide is still installed with the plug in. Is there any place where I can get the information on what RFXCOM will report and how to handle the devices? Our initial test we have a system that reports a sub type of 52 which is a control for a blinds / curtains device. We are able to parse and handle the device using the control pair information and such, but it would be nice to not have to decipher devices on a "as found" effort.... We would like to be able to understand the underlying device types and sub types that RFXCOM is using so we can support the plug in via our app.
      please contact me at support rfxcom.com

Comment

Email sent to support rfxcom.com Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X