Drayton Wiser Heating Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drayton Wiser Heating Products

Does anyone know if the RFXCOM works with the drayton wiser heat control system.

Highly unlikely as it uses Zigbee to communicate with the components and wi-fi to talk to the app/cloud.

I doubt that the zigbee version is compatible with DeConz, however it's possible to get data from the Heat Hub locally - internet connection is not needed except for control away from home.

I've used Big5 to get the data from the hub but NodeRed is a better option.

This https://it.knightnet.org.uk/kb/nr-qa...ating-control/ is the page that was most useful to me for setting it up.

Comment

As a fellow Wiser Heat user I'm curious to understand what you guys would do with a HS / WH integration?

I investigated it specifically to solve a small bug bear if mine which is that WH doesn't tell me when the batteries in a TRV have exhausted. I have to check on them manually every few weeks. I had initially thought maybe I could create them as devices in HS and use SDJ-Health to monitor them.
      Malcolm

Comment

I don't really use HomeSeer to do anything. It started because I wanted to log room temperatures and view them in a web browser on a PC rather than the somewhat underwhelming phone app that they provide.

Started by using the Big5 plugin to scrape the data and then HS sends it to an instance of Open Energy Monitor for logging and display. Since moving to NodeRed for scraping HS is theoretically redundant but I haven't rejigged it to bypass HS yet.

I think that battery level is available, so you should be able to monitor them in HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
        X