Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HS4 Pi Warning: Failed getting interface from RFXcom

Dear all.

I just installed HS4 on a new Pi 4 (8gb) and installed the RFXCOM plugin version 30.0.0.41. Coming from many years of using HS3/RFXCOM on Windows 10, I plugged in the RFXCOM via USB (tried plugging into the Pi directly and via a powered USB hub) and registered with my license (which it took).
    Sadly whenever.I activate the plugin, it gives me the error as in title.
    Zwave and X10 plugin work fine.

A side note: clicking on the 'MORE' button in the plugin doesn't give anything... just a small empty line.
    I tried de-installing and installing it again. No luck. (However, interesting maybe: it keeps my registration info! so something doesn't get cleared up)

Any help MUCH appreciated... otherwise I sadly have to go back to windows/HS3!

Thanks so much anyone for help. (I am new to linux by the way... I am a Mac user, used Virtualbox-Windows 10 (no problem) but need to look up every linux command if that is necessary... please be gentle with me!)

Thank you and stay healthy wherever you are.

Eric

Loginfo (from bottom up):
    12/15/2020 11:46:20 PM

HomeSeer
    Info
    Plugin RFXCOM with ID: and Instance: has disconnected

HomeSeer
    Plug-In
    Finished initializing plug-in RFXCOM

HomeSeer
    Starting Plug-In
    RFXCOM loaded in 2802 milliseconds

Legacy-Plugin
    RFXCOM Error:
    Error ending RFXCOM Plug-In

Legacy-Plugin
    RFXCOM
    start shutdown

HomeSeer
    Error
    Initializing plug-in(1): RFXCOM Instance::Error on InitIO: Could not find file "/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM/Alarm.gif" Time to load: 1963 milliseconds

Legacy-Plugin
    RFXCOM Error:
    41 (InitIO) error :System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM/Alarm.gif" File name: '/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM/Alarm.gif' at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in :0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System. IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions) at System.IO.FileSystem.CopyFile (System.String sourceFullPath, System.String destFullPath, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x00025] in :0 at System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x00062] in :0 at System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RFXCOM.utils.SetLanguage (System.String sLanguage) [0x000fd] in :0 at HSPI_RFXCOM.HSPI.InitIO (System.String port) [0x00aef] in :0
    12/15/2020 11:46:18 PM

Legacy-Plugin
    RFXCOM
    (InitIO) image path =/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM/

HomeSeer
    Starting Plug-In
    Initializing plugin RFXCOM ...

HomeSeer
    Info
    Plugin RFXCOM has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:36328
    Last edited by ebreider; December 16, 2020, 03:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to paste the log info... and then I couldn't edit my own entry... ah well. Hope this helps!

copy alarm.gif to Alarm.gif
    Last edited by b_weijenberg; December 17, 2020, 04:17 AM. Reason: rename changed to copy

Comment

That looks promising! Thank you!
      I couldn't read the red text until you gave me that suggestion! It's stumbling over a missing file. (Or the file should have had a different name, whatever.)

Anyway... I spent hours on finding out what linux commands to use to do the copy as you suggested... but I keep running into permission issues: I am not allowed to copy that file.

The RFXCOM directory looks like this, permission wise:

drwxr-sr-x 7 root staff 4096 Dec 17 12:20 RFXCOM

My sorry attempts were these:

pi@HS4PiV3:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM $ cp alarm.gif Alarm.gif

cp: cannot create regular file 'Alarm.gif': Permission denied

pi@HS4PiV3:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM $ cp -p alarm.gif Alarm.gif

cp: cannot create regular file 'Alarm.gif': Permission denied

pi@HS4PiV3:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM $ chmod o=rwx alarm.gif

chmod: changing permissions of 'alarm.gif': Operation not permitted

pi@HS4PiV3:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM $ chmod u=rwx alarm.gif

chmod: changing permissions of 'alarm.gif': Operation not permitted

I think I should consider myself officially 'Lost'...

Thanks to b_weijenberg for the diagnostic... and anyone who can help me follow up his advice!

Greetings! Eric

Comment

You need to add sudo in from of that command. It will prompt for Pi's password.

sudo cp alarm.gif Alarm.gif
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

oh my god... (blushing here...)... thank you!

AND: YES! The plug-in now activates without errors... I am so relieved. Thanks all.

(And if you are an Linus-Ignoramus like me... do not buy HS4 for Raspberry Pi... it's a LOT of study work!)

Happy X-mas time all!
          Last edited by ebreider; December 17, 2020, 08:54 AM. Reason: general relief and euphoria

Comment

Dear all. After getting the missing file (name) sorted, I managed to get the plug-in to start up, But I've since spent MANY hours trying to actually get the RFXCOM to work on the Pi/HS4. (The RFXCOM works fine when I connect it back to HS3 on Windows10).

I have also compared every setting possible between HS3 and HS4 and they are identical. (The export HS3 and import HS4 did a perfect job there!)

When activating the plugin on HS4 I get this in the log:

12/20/2020 10:47:41

HomeSeer

Plug-In

Finished initializing plug-in RFXCOM

HomeSeer

Starting Plug-In

RFXCOM loaded in 6105 milliseconds

HomeSeer

Starting Plug-In

Plugin RFXCOM started successfully in 5427 milliseconds

Legacy-Plugin

RFXCOM Error:

41 (InitTRX) Transceiver #1: COM3 is not a valid COM port

12/20/2020 10:47:39

Legacy-Plugin

RFXCOM

41 (InitVariables) No correct Telegram Token available

12/20/2020 10:47:37

Legacy-Plugin

RFXCOM

41 (InitIO) RFXCOM version is:30.0.0.41

12/20/2020 10:47:35

Legacy-Plugin

RFXCOM

(InitIO) image path =/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/RFXCOM/

HomeSeer

Starting Plug-In

Initializing plugin RFXCOM ...

HomeSeer

Info

Plugin RFXCOM has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:39390

I can see it keeps moaning about COM3 but I get this message regardless of which USB I use on the Pi, or connect it through a powerless or a powered USB hub. Also I see this message when connecting to HS3/Windows but there it doesn't seem to influence anything, it works regardless.

I’ve already read about the Telegram Token business. (Seems to be just a warning, I have nothing filled in there.)

As soon as I activate the plugin (regardless of what variation USB connection I try)
            • in the plugin screen it says it’s OK
            • in the devices list the RFXCOM Interface panel goes off-line immediately

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-12-20 om 10.59.05.png
Views:	308
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1442151
            • I can then click on UP, after which it shows it’s up again…
            • but… sending or receiving the same signals as in HS3 doesn’t work
            • there are no lights indicating any brain activity in the RFXCOM on HS4 when sending signals... (in HS3: yes, of course)

I’ve also added for a test a new device corresponding to a dimmer switch (that does work in HS3) but the log keeps telling me for this new device and imported devices the following in the log:

Legacy-Plugin

RFXCOM Error:

41 (DeviceCmd) transceiver #1 State:OffLine Command not transmitted!

In other words… I don’t seem to be getting anywhere… and reading other forum posts and help pages it seems to suggest all I need to do is plug it in and activate the plug-in and it should work. I can’t see any settings I could manipulate that might make it work.

Any help is appreciated! THANK YOU!

Stay healthy!, have good end of year days!

Eric

Comment

COM3 is a name for the COM port on a Windows system.
              Open the RFXtrx config page and assign the Linux com port for the RFXtrx.

Check also the Linux documentation how to create a persistent USB device so that the com port does not switch after a reboot.

Comment

Thank you so much b_w... I think I'm getting too old for this kind of work... I completely overlooked that field in the config screen despite checking everything. It's working now!

And thanks for the suggestion for making the USB names persistent. Working on that. Hopefully I won't have to come back to this post.

Merry Christmas! and thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X