Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved HS3 to new server - Windows 10 - can't get it working - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved HS3 to new server - Windows 10 - can't get it working - Solved!

I recently moved my HS3 setup from a Windows & server to a new server running Windows 10. The RFXCOM plugin did not like the move. I am using an RFXtrx433E USB. I plugged this into the Windows 10 unit. I moved my entire HS3 directory over from the old machine and everything else is working.

Since it has been years since I setup the RFXCOM system I have no recollection of what needs to be done.

I am getting communication failure from my wireless temp sensor and my Somfy blind is not responding

I turned on debug and here are some of the things I see:

Jan-12 10:44:18 RFXCOM 41 (TxData) COM19 data xmitted: 0D00000F02000000000000000000
    Jan-12 10:44:18 RFXCOM Transceiver #1 alive check, seq# F

Jan-12 10:34:08 RFXCOM 41 (TxData) COM19 data xmitted: 0C1A0003010101010300000000
    Jan-12 10:34:08 RFXCOM 41 (DeviceCmd) called with:X_TRX[1]Q:A:1:10101:54:_Down
    Jan-12 10:34:08 RFXCOM 41 (DeviceCmd) called with dvref:167 cmd:_Down
    Jan-12 10:34:08 RFXCOM 41 (ODevXmit) called with:167:_Down
    Jan-12 10:34:08 Device Control Device: Kitchen RFXCOM Kitchen Blinds Control to Down (118) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

When I run RFXMngr and click connect it crashes. I don't see anything in RFXmngr to specify port, etc?

I realize this is not much to go on so please let me know what else I can post to help diagnose this. Thanks.

Did you install the FTDI VCP drivers?
    See the RFXtrx User Guide.

Comment

I did. However, I just looked more closely and see that the driver is installed, no errors or exclamation points, and yet on the Events page it says "requires further installation". I did a quick search for this online related to the FTDI drivers under Windows 10 and it is ugly. After a cursory look it appears that the solution involves something called a media creation process for drivers - which looks a lot like rolling your own update for windows. I searched through the forum and there are some mentions of Windows 10 compatibility issues but for those that posted it was never concluded.

FTDI support is in Taiwan - I have contacted them but if there is any other information you can provide it would be appreciated. For now, my RFXCOM is down.

Comment

Please try this: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip

If still a problem, connect the RFXtrx and remove the COM port in the Windows Device Manager and check "delete the drivers".
        Run the setup again.

Comment

Thanks, I also got some feedback from FTDI - they sent me a utility to remove the driver and then re-add it using the version you posted above. Everything working now.

Comment

Working...
          X