RFXCom vs Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCom vs Bond

What are the advantages and disadvantages between RFXom and Bond? Regarding cost, both are comparable (though I already invested in RFXcom hardware and plugin). RFXCom seems to be a single person company while Bond seems to be a 'real' company. Support seems to be outstanding for both companies. I did get GREAT(!!) support from the author of the RFCom plugin. Others also reported good support from Bond. My devices are Somfy RF awnings and shades and some other RF devices.

see the list of supported devices by the RFXtrx433XL in the RFXtrx UserGuide chapter 2:
    http://www.rfxcom.com/WebRoot/StoreN...User_Guide.pdf

Comment

I think what you will find is that Bond supports a greater range of RF frequencies while RFXCOM is tuned to 433 MHz or 315 MHz. Where this becomes significant is if you want to control a ceiling fan such a Hunter that uses 350 MHz. Bond can handle it, RFXCOM cannot. On the flip side RFXCOM decodes more products that use 433 MHz.

As a disclaimer, I have not used either product. My information comes only from what I have researched.

Comment

Actually, I have worked with b_weijenberg to add Hunter ceiling fans using the 433MHz frequency used in North America. That is why I am saying the support is really great. Otherwise, I would have to switch to something like Bond. I like to stick with RFXCOM because I made the investment, because it worked fine with HS3, because there is good support, etc. Having said that, Bond wasn't around when I got the RFXCOM...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I think what you will find is that Bond supports a greater range of RF frequencies while RFXCOM is tuned to 433 MHz or 315 MHz. Where this becomes significant is if you want to control a ceiling fan such a Hunter that uses 350 MHz. Bond can handle it, RFXCOM cannot. On the flip side RFXCOM decodes more products that use 433 MHz.

As a disclaimer, I have not used either product. My information comes only from what I have researched.
          Michael,where did you find the supported frequencies? This is what I found: "Bond Bridge Pro is low frequency RF to Wi-Fi/ Ethernet", so I guess it is only 433MHz.
          The RFXtrx433XL supports multiple frequencies at 433MHz, 433.42MHz for Somfy RTS, 434.50MHz for the MCZ stove and a lot of devices at 433.92MHz all listed in the RFXtrx User Guide like weather sensors, security sensors, appliance and dimmer modules, fan, chimes, Ozroll,Gaposa, Dooya ....

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post

Michael,where did you find the supported frequencies? This is what I found: "Bond Bridge Pro is low frequency RF to Wi-Fi/ Ethernet", so I guess it is only 433MHz.
            https://bondhome.io/supported-devices/

"The Bond Bridge supports devices that are controlled by RF remotes within the radio frequency range of 300-450mhz and IR devices that uses 38kHz OOK modulation."

Comment

Working...
            X