SimpleRF Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SimpleRF Plugin

The SimpleRF plugin for HS3 is now on the HS3 updater for installation. The plugin was designed to be easy to use while still allowing the user to have full control over the way HS3 handles X-10 messages. Currently it works with the W800 based receivers as well as the MR26A receiver. If anyone would like it to support another receiver or you need a feature added please post a topic.

The plugin works on both Windows and Linux. I originally designed it after having no via Linux based RF plugins available. If you discover a bug with the plugin please let me know as soon as possible so I can fix it.

I use an older model RFXCOM receiver for my Oregon Scientific temperature sensors. I'm looking for support in HS3. Is that something you'd consider?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I use an older model RFXCOM receiver for my Oregon Scientific temperature sensors. I'm looking for support in HS3. Is that something you'd consider?
      I also interested in this....
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post

Sorry, just noticed your post. Yes, I was waiting to purchase the interface until I was sure that people were interested in the RFXCOM receivers. I'll get it ordered and should have an updated version within a few days after I receive it. I have the protocol information so I can actually start working on it now, but I won't be able to test it until I receive it :P

Comment

Do you have the THN132N sensors? If not, please let me know which one(s) you have so I can make sure to get one to test.

Comment

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post
            Sorry, just noticed your post. Yes, I was waiting to purchase the interface until I was sure that people were interested in the RFXCOM receivers. I'll get it ordered and should have an updated version within a few days after I receive it. I have the protocol information so I can actually start working on it now, but I won't be able to test it until I receive it :P
            I have the older model receiver that has the two anntennas, not sure what differences are between the old and the new style are, I believe there a difference.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              I have the older model receiver that has the two anntennas, not sure what differences are between the old and the new style are, I believe there a difference.
              This is the critical issue for me too. The old and new receivers are significantly different, as I understand it.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Could you let me know the model number of both the receiver and one of the sensors you use? If the sensor works with both the old and new RFXCOM receivers then it is at least the same frequency and should be fairly straight-forward to get working. I needed an excuse to order an RFXCOM anyways They seem to be pretty widely supported. Do you have this one?
                Last edited by edgar1898; February 24, 2014, 09:09 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

This is the one I have, but it doesn't have a model number.
                  Attached Files
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The sensor are model THGR122nx
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The picture Hector has looks just like mine. It does not have a model number on the case. It was called a LAN receiver and uses IP to Serial conversion with Lantronix CPR (ComPortRedirector) software. I use OR THN132N temp sensors.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I understand now. So this connects directly to your network through an RJ-45 port (CAT-5)? Did the RFXCOM come with Lantronix CPR or was that just a 3rd party solution? I'll see if I can locate some specs for this. Those sensors all use the same frequency so the hardware is all compatible just might be some differences in the software protocols.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I understand now. So this connects directly to your network through an RJ-45 port (CAT-5)? Did the RFXCOM come with Lantronix CPR or was that just a 3rd party solution?
                          Mines connects thru USB, no other 3rd party plugin, I didn't even know you can connect it thru Ethernet.
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Mines connects thru USB, no other 3rd party plugin, I didn't even know you can connect it thru Ethernet.
                            lol, wow I didn't realize there was so many versions of this receiver. I'll definitely try to support them all, but since I can't find any of the older ones to test against I might need a beta tester :P

Comment

I didn't realize there was so many versions of this receiver. I'll definitely try to support them all, but since I can't find any of the older ones to test against I might need a beta tester :P
                              Bert just confirmed that the RFXCOM plug-in supports ALL RFXCOM receivers - and the WGL 800RF besides. So, it may not be worth your effort to try to duplicate the capability, especially since the hardware is no longer on the market. I expect that I will use the RFXCOM plug-in.

Comment

Working...
                              X