External temperature input for Stelpro baseboard thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External temperature input for Stelpro baseboard thermostat

Moving Z-Wave devices from another controller to HS3.
    This week, moved over a Stelpro STZW402+.
    HS3 didn't recognize the vendor code for Stelpro, and didn't offer any Z-Wave config settings. Not a good start, considering that HS was selling the same at their store a while back.
    Regardless, it paired with no effort and it works right, except that the thermostat doesn't receive the external temperature from HS3.
    I'm using 3.0.0.326 for Linux and the latest Z-Wave plugin.
    The previous controller automatically created a virtual thermostat to provide outside temperature.
    I can't find the way to do the same on HS3.

Thanks!

I'm looking for the same thing. I'm looking to move to HS3 and like the first post my other controllers (SmartThings and Vera) created a virtual temperature sensor that the Stelpro thermostat used for "outside" temperature.

Anyway to get the same functionality with HS3?

Comment

The thermostat is working well, and Homeseer does work with temperature sensors, but could not get it displayed on the Stelpro thermostat. In the end, I disabled the external temperature display on the Stepro baseboard thermostat.
      Homeseer only provides generic support for this thermostat, but that works well. Instant notifications work and updates almost instantly both setting the thermostat from HomeSeer, and Homeseer getting updates when temperature settings are changed from the keys.

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
      I'm looking for the same thing. I'm looking to move to HS3 and like the first post my other controllers (SmartThings and Vera) created a virtual temperature sensor that the Stelpro thermostat used for "outside" temperature.

Anyway to get the same functionality with HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
        The thermostat is working well, and Homeseer does work with temperature sensors, but could not get it displayed on the Stelpro thermostat. In the end, I disabled the external temperature display on the Stepro baseboard thermostat.
        Homeseer only provides generic support for this thermostat, but that works well. Instant notifications work and updates almost instantly both setting the thermostat from HomeSeer, and Homeseer getting updates when temperature settings are changed from the keys.
        Well it's good to know that everything else works. Just would be nice as I've gotten used to looking at the thermostat for the outdoor temp... weird that Vera and SmartThings support it but not Homeseer. The SmartThings device handler is on github with all the parameters, I wonder if Homeseer could update their bindings to support all features.

Comment

Working...
        X