This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: Random Phrases in HSTV.

If you are using both the HSTV Plugin and the Misc Plugin, you can include random phrases in the HSTV control items.

There are 4 ways to use a Random Phrase. You can control how generic or specific you want the phrase to be.

#MiscTVQuotes# - Use this variable in the control item and HSTV will use a random phrase from a Category named TV Quotes. This is the most generic of the options.

#MiscCategory# - If you want to make the phrases a bit more specific you can use miscCategory. TV shows fall into genres or categories like sitcom, action, science fiction, etc. This variable will have HSTV use a random phrase from a category that matches the TV programs category.
    Ex. A sitcom will grab a ramdom phrase from the "Sitcom" category in the Misc Plugin.

#MiscChanNick# - This variable will allow you to get a random phrase from a category in the Misc Plugin that matches the nick name of the channel that you enter in HSTV>
    Ex. A program on the Sy Fy channel will use a random phrase from the category "Sy Fy".

If you are like me, I want the Random Phrase to actually go with the tv show.
    #MiscTitle# will get a random phrase where the category is the name of the tv show.
    Ex. The show Doctor Who will use a random phrase from the category "Doctor Who"
    Some of the random phrases that I use in the Doctor Who category

"Hey, push the red button thingy on the panel thing."

"That is not a sonic screwdriver. This is a sonic screwdriver! Prepare to be amazed!"

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Working...
X