PLugin request/ help to scrape data from British gas Hive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLugin request/ help to scrape data from British gas Hive

HI, i am desperately trying to get my British gas Hive thermostat linked into Home seer.

The HIve has its own dedicated web page and as per the examples i am trying to pull back the time schedules, set points and temps etc.

I have a brief integration working via IFTTT and it only allows me to connect into the Hive API and turn things on.

I am looking to bring back the images and also the time schedule etc. See pics. I have seen numerous web site with code for API integration and info call backs. Sse examples.

http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/03/hive-api-v5/

https://www.npmjs.com/package/bg-hive-api

https://reflectivearchitect.wordpres...-through-hive/

http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/05/hive-rest-api-v6/

I am dying to get this working. Can Anyone help?
    Attached Files

If no one gets in touch who has the unit and is willing to do the development then you are welcome to send me an email and I will try and see what I can do - it would involve passing me your login credentials though (which I understand people might not want to do) as I have not got a Hive myself and don't know anyone with one around here.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for getting back. I have had no other replies and I am sure there are others in the UK that will have this system. If you are up for it, thanks, I will mail you my login details.

Regards Ben

Comment

If anyone else wishes to test a plugin for British Gas Hive thermostats let me know, I have something working controlling the thermostats and displaying the temperatures/schedules inside HomeSeer.

Comment

How is this development proceeding ? I am thinking of getting a Hive thermostat, but it would only make sense for me if there was a plugin/way to control it via Homeseer. If I was going to buy one, I would be happy to provide login/access to help with the development of the plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            How is this development proceeding ? I am thinking of getting a Hive thermostat, but it would only make sense for me if there was a plugin/way to control it via Homeseer. If I was going to buy one, I would be happy to provide login/access to help with the development of the plugin
            The plugin is in use with a couple of people and bar a couple of minor bugs (that I am trying to fix at the minute) it does appear to work OK, see some of the detail here - NOW IN UPDATER (I did ask for it to be put in the updater a couple of months ago but I don't believe it has been added).

However, as the plugin uses an undocumented and unsupported API which can be changed at any time to render the plugin completely useless (which has not happened but look what happened today with Ikea Tradfri integration) I must advise some degree of caution. If I was in the position of deciding on buying hardware (as opposed to having it already) then you would need to take this fact into account, they might release the API at some point and as such integration can be formal or they could block third parties using it completely.

I don't support the light bulbs/sockets/sensors at this time which could be another consideration.

Comment

This plugin sounds like what i am looking for, i have downloaded, but a little stuck. I have never installed manually before, can you point me in the right direction on how to install on my HS3 on windows 10.

Not sure which folder etc to drop it in as i am relatively new to Homeseer.

Kind regards
              Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Birchey View Post
                This plugin sounds like what i am looking for, i have downloaded, but a little stuck. I have never installed manually before, can you point me in the right direction on how to install on my HS3 on windows 10.

Not sure which folder etc to drop it in as i am relatively new to Homeseer.

Kind regards
                Greg
                Give this a download here - NOW IN UPDATER

Then drop that zip file into your HomeSeer\Updates3\Zips directory

Then download the attached updater_override.txt file and drop that in your main HS directory, go into your HS updater and press update listing and you should only have one entry for the above plugin. Download and install it and then read the instructions on the website what you need to do.

Make sure you delete your updater_override.txt after you have finished with it to get your real updater back (the plugin was meant to go in the HS updater but no joy at the minute).

Hopefully that should get you going.
                Last edited by mrhappy; July 5, 2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  Give this a download here - http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/...ve_0_0_0_3.zip

Then drop that zip file into your HomeSeer\Updates3\Zips directory

Then download the attached updater_override.txt file and drop that in your main HS directory, go into your HS updater and press update listing and you should only have one entry for the above plugin. Download and install it and then read the instructions on the website what you need to do.

Make sure you delete your updater_override.txt after you have finished with it to get your real updater back (the plugin was meant to go in the HS updater but no joy at the minute).

Hopefully that should get you going.
                  Thank you, I now have the plugin installed however it doesn't seem to be connecting to my Hive account, I have attached the main login screen capture.

On the Schedules screen i have the following error

BuildScheduleList Download Failure

On the home screen i just have the Hive logo and the the following message "No Devices Found"

Your help is really appreciated.

Kind regards
                  Greg
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, I now have the plugin installed however it doesn't seem to be connecting to my Hive account, I have attached the main login screen capture.

On the Schedules screen i have the following error

BuildScheduleList Download Failure

On the home screen i just have the Hive logo and the the following message "No Devices Found"

Your help is really appreciated.

Kind regards
                    Greg
                    Hmm...is it the exact same login details as you use to log in to https://my.hivehome.com/dashboard ? That is fundamentally what the plugin is doing and I have not had anyone else have issue with this.

It might be connecting but can't find the devices (and in which case you will get those errors) - because the API is undocumented I am very much at the mercy of British Gas who can change it at their own whim and may introduce new things.

If you are comfortable in providing me your login details by PM (I have done this with others, trust me I have no interest in doing anything sinister with your system) and willing to allow me to login I should be able to figure out what is going on.

Comment

Hmm...is it the exact same login details as you use to log in to https://my.hivehome.com/dashboard ? That is fundamentally what the plugin is doing and I have not had anyone else have issue with this.

It might be connecting but can't find the devices (and in which case you will get those errors) - because the API is undocumented I am very much at the mercy of British Gas who can change it at their own whim and may introduce new things.

If you are comfortable in providing me your login details by PM (I have done this with others, trust me I have no interest in doing anything sinister with your system) and willing to allow me to login I should be able to figure out what is going on.
                      Thanks for the offer

i have teamviewer on this machine would that be of any use, or do you just want my myhs portal info?

Kind regards

greg

Comment

Comment

It’s just your hive login details I need as I will run the plugin here on my system as I have a few tools to make debugging the issue easier. If you can PM me you can send it that way if not let me know and I can send you a message...
                          Sent a PM, thanks in advance.

I do have the Hive 2 Not sure if that makes any difference.

Comment

IT WORK REALLY WELL

I thought i would post the outcome of my issues. It seemed that i had the Hive 2 and the API was a little different. However i have to say a big thank you to Mr Happy as he sorted this out within the day.

No longer do i have to wait for feedback from my secure thermostat to report back witch took up to 30 minutes (replaced with hive) now i have my Hive plugin connected to my Hive thermostat it works a treat.

Anything i change in hive Homeseer picks this up within a minute, as you can imagine this really opens up lots of possibilities in controlling your home heating in a different way.

Thanks again for such a great plugin

Greg

Comment

I thought i would post the outcome of my issues. It seemed that i had the Hive 2 and the API was a little different. However i have to say a big thank you to Mr Happy as he sorted this out within the day.

No longer do i have to wait for feedback from my secure thermostat to report back witch took up to 30 minutes (replaced with hive) now i have my Hive plugin connected to my Hive thermostat it works a treat.

Anything i change in hive Homeseer picks this up within a minute, as you can imagine this really opens up lots of possibilities in controlling your home heating in a different way.

Thanks again for such a great plugin

Greg
                              Not a problem and glad it is still working for you, I won't know if things break (because I don't have one) so just let me know if there are anything starts to play up.

Comment

Working...
                              X