Multiple light devices ConBee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple light devices ConBee

I have a new ConBee usb stick running version 2.04.86 of deCONZ on my Windows 10 HomeSeer machine.

Whenever I restart the deCONZ software or restart the whole machine I get an extra light device created in HomeSeer.

In the JowiHue plugin, bridge maintenance, deCONZ-GW, the lights are there only once. I am not sure why new light devices keep being created in HomeSeer. Right now the deCONZ lights have four devices each in HomeSeer. The lights also show only once in deCONZ.

I can turn on one of the lights manually and one of the new devices will indicate that. I usually change the status graphics on my lights so I can easily tell the original one. My HomeSeer events stop working for the lights as they target the original device.

thank you!
    Attached Files

Chris,

That should not happen at all. No clues here based on the image... You are on 2.0.1.3 I guess?

Could you do a trace for me with the following steps:

1. set the tracing options for the plugin (detailed logging and trace to file) on the configutration page.
    2. Stop and start the plugin (sorry for the new refs!)
    3. Let the plugin start and run for 30 minutes or so
    4. Disable the detailed logging and logging to file options - no restart of the plugin needed
    5. You will find the log file in the Logs subdirectory of the HS3 installation.

Send the file to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

*edit* What light brand and types are these? I notice Bathroom 1 does not seem to have multiplied? Or is that just outside the image?

Thanks,

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; November 9, 2017, 08:36 AM. Reason: What light brand and types are these?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Just a quick update. I believe all my duplicate devices came from my deCONZ not being set to have specific ports on startup. It is now set to have port 8080 for the webui and port 9090 for the api.

I cleaned up all the devices in HomeSeer. I can now reboot the HomeSeer Windows machine and deCONZ starts automatically on the same ports. Since doing this I do not get duplicate devices created every time.

Comment

Chris,

That is a good find! Glad you got it solved for now. I will check how to prevent this from happening. I know the developer of deCONZ is working on preserving the port between restart of deCONZ. Wll monitor that and also try to find a way to recognise a port change in the plugin.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH View Post
          I have a new ConBee usb stick running version 2.04.86 of deCONZ on my Windows 10 HomeSeer machine.

Whenever I restart the deCONZ software or restart the whole machine I get an extra light device created in HomeSeer.

In the JowiHue plugin, bridge maintenance, deCONZ-GW, the lights are there only once. I am not sure why new light devices keep being created in HomeSeer. Right now the deCONZ lights have four devices each in HomeSeer. The lights also show only once in deCONZ.

I can turn on one of the lights manually and one of the new devices will indicate that. I usually change the status graphics on my lights so I can easily tell the original one. My HomeSeer events stop working for the lights as they target the original device.

thank you!
          I was wondering if you are able to control other zigbee devices, in addition to lights, with the Conbee stick?

Comment

cowinger,

Lots is still coming, but I know of plugs - like the ones from Osram, that these are supported. I heard a while ago there are thermostats Zigbee enabled. I am sure the developers behind the conbee are interested to support it. I did not find one myself yet otherwise would be playing with it

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              cowinger,

Lots is still coming, but I know of plugs - like the ones from Osram, that these are supported. I heard a while ago there are thermostats Zigbee enabled. I am sure the developers behind the conbee are interested to support it. I did not find one myself yet otherwise would be playing with it

Wim
              The only one I have ever found is this one. A little expensive though.

https://www.amazon.com/Centralite-Th...rmostats&psc=1

Comment

And not available to ship to the Netherlands
                It is compatabla with ZigBee Home Automation 1.2, which makes it a major candidate for the Conbee/raspbee... Thanks for the link, will check if I can get it here somehow

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  And not available to ship to the Netherlands
                  It is compatabla with ZigBee Home Automation 1.2, which makes it a major candidate for the Conbee/raspbee... Thanks for the link, will check if I can get it here somehow

Wim
                  Your welcome, thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH View Post
                    Just a quick update. I believe all my duplicate devices came from my deCONZ not being set to have specific ports on startup. It is now set to have port 8080 for the webui and port 9090 for the api.

I cleaned up all the devices in HomeSeer. I can now reboot the HomeSeer Windows machine and deCONZ starts automatically on the same ports. Since doing this I do not get duplicate devices created every time.

I also have an issue where it is choosing random ports on start depending on what services are running. Can you provide how you did this? Was it a config file or parameters for the EXE.

I have only found the parameters for the http-port but when i use it it breaks the website and gives this error: "This is not the page you are looking for"

Comment

Airey001,

Checked here with starting wit parameters --http-port=8080 and it worked, could reach the webapp on the same port here. Am trying to copy the issue so I could find a remedy for the duplicate devices, but no luck here yet...

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

I have already tired using the --http-port=8090 parameter. When i use that to force it to a port 8090 the web gives me this error:

"This is not the page you are looking for" Its an error being served by the deconz application if i shut it off i get the normal 404 page not fund.

Since he stated he changed both web and api ports maybe i was missing something another flag for api maybe? I am also on the 86 beta.

Thanks For the help!

Comment

Hi,

I have been experimenting with this also, having had a similar issue with a new light being created each restart (I had a few days where I needed to restart HS or the PC it was running on).

I have managed to get deCONZ to start using fixed ports (8080 for the HTTP port, 8081 for the Web Service), using the following in windows shortcut target (using deCONZ v2.04.86):-

{path}\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8081

JowiHue then connects no problem to deCONZ on port 8081 and the webapp button in the deCONZ application window still works using port 8080.

A straight restart of deCONZ then does not create a new light.

I think the issues is about the deCONZ port changing while the plugin is running, or between HS restarts but need to do some more experimenting to be sure.

Cheers,

Jon.
                          Last edited by Jon798; November 21, 2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Tell me if I am getting this right. In order to control your zigbee devices you must have the conbee program running and the webapp logged in and running.

Is this correct? Otherwise I am not able to control any device.

Comment

No you just need HomeSeer with the JowiHue plugin running and the DeCONZ application running. The webapp just gives you manual control outside of Homeseer/JowiHue and can be closed/opened at will.

You will have needed to pair your deCONZ with JowiHue as per the documentation.
                              You will have needed to pair your zigbee devices (as long as they're supported by deCONZ and JowiHue) to deCONZ which might be easiest done using the webapp. After that the webapp isn't needed.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X