Virtual Dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Dimmer

I want to make a virtual dimmer. Based on posts in this forum, in order to get the slider I have to "Add New Range Value". While I can "Add New Range Graphics" nothing happens when I click on "Add New Range Value" (Add New Single Value works).

I am trying to "duplicate" a Cooper Wiring dimmer which also has a status which I assume is to remember the last status. Is there a way to add this to a virtual device or does this not really make any sense?

The final goal is to group a bunch of master and slaves in 3+way scenarios into one single virtual device. That virtual device will get updates from the switches and propagate them to the others in the group (probably done through events).

there are a few other ways to accomplish what I believe you want to do. HS3 had a recent update where you can link devices together. There was a great homeseer video on how to do this on homeseer Facebook page today. This is supposed to work great for 3 way and 4 way setups. I did it the harder way since this update wasn't around for me. I use a script that I copied and pasted from a fellow homeseer member

Comment

Ah, that would be perfect. Mine version can link to just one device so I got both slaves to talk to the master. However, when one slave syncs up with the master then the master doesn't tell the other slave (nor does the first slave tell the second the new status).

I did shut down my HS3 and started it again in the hopes it will tell me there is a new version but there was no such message. I also can't find anything anywhere in the menus to check for upgrades. I currently have 3.0.0.318. If this is the latest version then do you know where I can link more than one device to another one?

Comment

Ok, it's working now. I initially thought I could only link to the master. However, the master can also link to the slave and the slave to the slave. So if I have Master, Slave1 and Slave2 I do the following links:

Master: Links to Slave1
        Slave1: Links to Slave2
        Slave2: Links to Master

So you create a circle with all the lights you want to have in a group. Voila, they synchronize the dimming level, on and off.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out.

Comment

Working...
        X