Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you add an Insteon Motion Detector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you add an Insteon Motion Detector?

Okay,

I must be doing something wrong. I've tried a few times to add a Insteon Motion Detector to my ISY/i99 through the Administrative Console like all the other 88 Insteon devices I've added, doesn't seem to work. I've tried each of the three add options, but to no avail. Since this has nothing to do with the Plug-in, I'm not blaming it. I believe this is a user problem (me).

Any suggestions?

btw, I'm running the most recent version of the ISY Firmware: 2.6.11

Thanks,
    Attached Files
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

I think this is the same for 2.6.11, but I haven't tried to update yet. I have an ISY-26.

To add the a motion sensor, you first have to put the motion sensor in linking mode. You do this by holding the set button for 5 seconds (the light on the motion sensor will start to blink). Then press the set button again and the light should flash faster.

Now go to the ISY and add the device by entering the address. It should now link like any other device.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks Bob,

I moved back to ISY version 2.6.08 rather than continue with .11 and I followed your directions and the motion sensors added without any problem.
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Working...
      X