HomeSeer Message Board

HomeSeer Message Board (http://board.homeseer.com/index.php)
-   HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) (http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1287)
-   -   OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.8 (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195115)

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 10:09 AM

OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.8

v3.0.2.8 was released to the updater today.
I'm using the new developer portal to see if I can get releases to the updater a little quicker. Bear with me as I figure it out!

Changes in this version:
  • Small change to see if dim level issue is fixed for UPB and X10.
  • Fixed link to OMNI config page in plugin list
  • A Unit OFF will now ramp down instead of instant off (needs testing)

Always make a backup of your system before loading a new version.

Post any issues you have with this version in this thread.

There was a small change made to send a Dim command for X10 devices and Level command for UPB.

Let me know your feedback on this. If this doesnt work, then I'll need to investigate adding an option to each unit for specific Dim/Brighten/Level commands.

Thanks

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 10:10 AM

The plugin is now available in the updater.

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 10:10 AM

Save 2

Jfree23 April 10th, 2018 11:30 AM

Thanks Rob!

Do you recommend that we disable existing plugin, remove all devices, install new version, and let it rebuild all devices with the new code? Or just install, disable, re-enable?

I will check the X10 dimming this evening. I assume you have not addressed the issues with system devices, AC power, etc, yet.

John

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 11:37 AM

You should just load it without deleting or rebuilding devices. This only had the dimming code added.
In the meantime, I'll look at the system devices.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

avpman April 10th, 2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmasonjr (Post 1360392)
The plugin is now available in the updater.

The UPB lights ramp on very nicely! :D
If I set to a level (x%,) they ramp up or down nicely. :D
If I tell Alexa to turn them off they snap to off. Not so nice. :mad:
If I tell Alexa to set them to 0%, they snap off. Not so nice. :mad:

So it looks like ramping on, up and down work real well. But anything that turns them off snaps off.
<style></style>

lakemirror April 10th, 2018 12:32 PM

Updated to 3027

None of my units can be turned on (or dimmed) via the plugin. If I turn a unit on via haiku, the plugin shows the correct status. I can turn a unit off via the plugin.

Buttons work via the plugin, including buttons that ramp units up to a certain dim level.

I can arm the system via the plugin.

:eek:

edit: these are ALC hardwired units

Pete April 10th, 2018 12:35 PM

Thank you Rob!

Forgot to mention and I guess it is optional but I see this with all of my plugins.

Can you configure the plugin manager page with a link to the configuration with the name of the plugin listed?

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avpman (Post 1360428)
The UPB lights ramp on very nicely! :D
If I set to a level (x%,) they ramp up or down nicely. :D
If I tell Alexa to turn them off they snap to off. Not so nice. :mad:
If I tell Alexa to set them to 0%, they snap off. Not so nice. :mad:

So it looks like ramping on, up and down work real well. But anything that turns them off snaps off.
<style></style>

ok - that helps. Sounds like the UPB dimming is working, just gotta check the on/off code

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemirror (Post 1360429)
Updated to 3027

None of my units can be turned on (or dimmed) via the plugin. If I turn a unit on via haiku, the plugin shows the correct status. I can turn a unit off via the plugin.

Buttons work via the plugin, including buttons that ramp units up to a certain dim level.

I can arm the system via the plugin.

:eek:

edit: these are ALC hardwired units

ok - I can look at the ALC code for this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 1360430)
Thank you Rob!

Forgot to mention and I guess it is optional but I see this with all of my plugins.

Can you configure the plugin manager page with a link to the configuration with the name of the plugin listed?

Yep - that is easy enough. Stay tuned!

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 12:51 PM

@lakemirror - can you shoot me your logs when you get a sec?

lakemirror April 10th, 2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmasonjr (Post 1360435)
@lakemirror - can you shoot me your logs when you get a sec?

Done. Thanks.

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 02:47 PM

Let's keep this thread going...

I just released v3.0.2.8 to the updater. (That plugin portal is nice!)
It should show up in a few...

lakemirror April 10th, 2018 03:44 PM

For little ol' me?

rmasonjr April 10th, 2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemirror (Post 1360486)
For little ol' me?

Yep! :D

Pete April 10th, 2018 05:16 PM

Thank you Rob.

Updated to v.3.0.2.8 this afternoon.

lakemirror April 10th, 2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmasonjr (Post 1360492)

Sorry, Rob, I'm seeing the same behavior with .8

Want the logs again?

lakemirror April 10th, 2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Hey Rob, when I turn a unit full on via haiku the value in the plugin shows as 255 but the plugin is expecting a value of 0-100. Noticed this because the status graphic disappears. Are values now 0-255?

lakemirror April 10th, 2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

OK, now I went into the plugin config units page and disabled then enabled a unit, and now I can control it via the plugin. BUT....the values of the unit on the status graphics page shows 0 for off, 1-100 for dimmed, and 255 for on. And I can't dim it via the plugin.

Jfree23 April 10th, 2018 09:43 PM

Updated to 2.8 this evening. X10 dimming with my switches is still not working. On/Off control works, but dim commands and GUI slider have no effect. I can see dim % commands in the log, but the switches don't do anything. In PCAccess, the commands seem to be Dim or Brighten, step 1 thru 9, and level starts from the current state of the switch whatever step it is on.

I can personally live with on/off only for these, although would be nice to dim. I have a number of lights and X10 devices that I'd rather NOT try to dim, where on/off is all they can do anyway, or all I want to do (outdoor floodlights for example.

So, sorry, not quite there yet...

avpman April 11th, 2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jfree23 (Post 1360553)
Updated to 2.8 this evening. X10 dimming with my switches is still not working. On/Off control works, but dim commands and GUI slider have no effect. I can see dim % commands in the log, but the switches don't do anything. In PCAccess, the commands seem to be Dim or Brighten, step 1 thru 9, and level starts from the current state of the switch whatever step it is on.

I can personally live with on/off only for these, although would be nice to dim. I have a number of lights and X10 devices that I'd rather NOT try to dim, where on/off is all they can do anyway, or all I want to do (outdoor floodlights for example.

So, sorry, not quite there yet...

Alexa moves the HS sliders but the light does not respond (Omni likely getting the wrong syntax?) Send a command to Omni via PCAccess and the light & slider responds fine.

Restored from backup and earlier version working again.
<style></style>