No announcement yet.

"Be the first to order the ecobee4 with built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Be the first to order the ecobee4 with built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service."

Received this morning...
    Attached Files

Wonder what kind of speaker it has? It says you can use it to play music but I can't imagine that would sound too good.

Comment

This seems great.... If you don't have an Echo already. Since Amazon has yet to be able to determine which echo you are talking to by proximity, then if you have another one close to your thermostat I can see it causing issues. Sure you could change the wake word, but it already sucks for my 3 echos that I have to space them out and give them alternating names (2 dots are Echo, and the Echo is Alexa which sits in between them).

Comment

I have it. Not worth the money. It is mostly a version 3. The Alexa implementation sucks. It does not have a spatial microphone array. Meaning when you have multiple Alexa units within ear shot of each other they automatically decide which hears better and respond through the Alexa with the best reception. This thing answers no matter what. So you get echo.

Oh they did fix the lose fitting wall plate that came with the 3. But still save the money buy a three.

Cant say if the plugin works with the 4 though. I havent hooked it up to HS yet.

Comment

So far I can not see how to do anything but tell Alexa to set a temperature. Nothing else, I'd like to request the current setting and also voice control the fan.

Comment

I don't know about requesting the current settings but it should be possible to control your fans if they are integrated into Alexa or HS. Assuming they are integrated into HS you have to download the Alexa skill into HS. Then download the Alexa app on a mobile device (the next task can't be done with the desktop interface). Then in the Alexa app create a routine that controls a device that is registered with HS. I actually do just that to control ceiling fans, i.e. I can say "Alexa, turn on office ceiling fan" or "Alexa, set office ceiling fan to speed 2". Both of those will turn on the main switch to the office ceiling fan (a z-wave switch), turn on the fan and in the second example set it to speed 2.

Btw, I was thinking of getting the Ecobee but ended up buying Trane 624s which I banned into the garage and a closet and replaced them with a tablet running HSTouch where you can set the temperature (and other things).

Comment

I have one of these and the Alexa is just like my Echos and Dots around the house. It may not have an array mic but mine picks up my voice when I'm in another room within a few feet of a Dot so it appears they have improved the Alexa in these units.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                I have one of these and the Alexa is just like my Echos and Dots around the house. It may not have an array mic but mine picks up my voice when I'm in another room within a few feet of a Dot so it appears they have improved the Alexa in these units.
                I replaced all my older echo and echo dots with the second latest generation (I didn't like the dome shape). I still have multiple echos responding to me when I speak a command. I was hoping that this generation would resolve the problem (which people said it would) but it really didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

I replaced all my older echo and echo dots with the second latest generation (I didn't like the dome shape). I still have multiple echos responding to me when I speak a command. I was hoping that this generation would resolve the problem (which people said it would) but it really didn't.
                  Odd, I've never had more than one of my Dots respond to me. They seem to have the smarts to know that multiple heard and only one responds. Now which one responds is a different story. I can be within a foot or two of one and one in the other room responds once in a while.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same here. I have 3 around the house ( 2 gen1 dots and 1 Echo gen 3) and its the closest one which responds...
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                    X