HomeSeer Message Board

HomeSeer Message Board (http://board.homeseer.com/index.php)
-   Thermostat / HVAC Discussion (http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=668)
-   -   Variable Speed Trane/Lennox/Anything Plugin? (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190722)

gtrguy August 31st, 2017 03:50 PM

Variable Speed Trane/Lennox/Anything Plugin?
 
Are there any plugins that work with the variable speed hvac systems? Seems like our only real option is a two or 3 stage system with nest.

gtrguy September 12th, 2017 12:06 PM

Seems like there are a ton of people that want to control trane or lennox or anything variable speed but cant with the current state of plugins.

Richel September 12th, 2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrguy (Post 1323424)
Seems like there are a ton of people that want to control trane or lennox or anything variable speed but cant with the current state of plugins.

As a work-around, I am using IFTTT to get HomeSeer to control my Trane (Nexia) systems. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Elliott

vasrc September 12th, 2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrguy (Post 1323424)
Seems like there are a ton of people that want to control trane or lennox or anything variable speed but cant with the current state of plugins.

Most of the variable speed controls nowadays are controlled internally to ensure proper airflow, energy savings, etc. What did you want to do in particular that the current thermostats are unable to do?

Z

gtrguy September 13th, 2017 05:04 PM

Trying to do? Integrate with homeseer so I can monitor and change settings.

gtrguy September 13th, 2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richel (Post 1323429)
As a work-around, I am using IFTTT to get HomeSeer to control my Trane (Nexia) systems. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Elliott

what functionality do you have with it? Is it only a 1 way street (i.e. can set temp but cant get current temp?)

S-F September 13th, 2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasrc (Post 1323432)
Most of the variable speed controls nowadays are controlled internally to ensure proper airflow, energy savings, etc. What did you want to do in particular that the current thermostats are unable to do?

Z


To everyone asking.... THIS!

Why would you want to get yourself into a proprietary system when you don't need to? With the Trane Z-Wave thermostats I have you can control a ground source or air source heat pump! I put one on a Waterfurnace that has an inverter compressor not too long ago.

vasrc September 13th, 2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrguy (Post 1323579)
Trying to do? Integrate with homeseer so I can monitor and change settings.

Look at the XR524 (Homeseer) and XR624. They do both control and monitoring and work on Zwave. I doubt there's anything about your system they won't provide for you. They're a bit of a pain with DST and time keeping, but there's a simple workaround for that.

Z

Richel September 13th, 2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrguy (Post 1323582)
what functionality do you have with it? Is it only a 1 way street (i.e. can set temp but cant get current temp?)

Yes, unfortunately, it is a one-way street. I do have Aeon Tech Energy Meters on the HVAC to determine when the HVAC is running and when it is idle. I use this information to control ceiling fans. Elliott


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC