Harmony hub extender for zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried to use this with Homeseer yet? It sure would be nice to see this working.
    https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...ility%20lookup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This looks promising. From what I understand on Logitechs support page, you can pair it to your existing network and it imports all your devices. I am guessing it would be just the zwave devices, but still very useful. I wonder how Hs3 would see it. I currently have an old 890 setup that has zwave control in a dedicated media room. It's worked well and does the scenes for that room just fine but it's not networked.The newer style elite remotes with touch screens have been tempting me to upgrade. This may give me the push.

Comment

Wouldn't that then replace the Znet? Seems like that may not work for me here...

Comment

I just received the Harmony Hub Extender on Friday; the plan was to add it as a secondary controller to my existing Homeseer 2/Z-Troller Z-Wave network --- this should be possible according to the Hub Extender specs, however, all attempts to date have failed. (Using the Replicate Send option via Homeseer). I'm probably on the bleeding edge here and will need to wait until Logitech gets the Hub Extender ready for prime time --- I have setup a few secondary controllers via Homeseer without issue, so I know this side works...

Comment

Thank you for posting this. That is exactly how I was envisioning using the product as well. Guess it's now a waiting game.

Sent from my iP

Comment

I'm also interested in this. My remote just went out in my home theater so I am planning on buying one of these.

Comment

I purchased the Elite over the weekend. I mistakenly thought that the hub it comes with would enable the HA functions. It does, but only to the limited ring-fenced group that communicate via wi-fi. It appears that you have to add their home automation hub to add z-wave access. This is not a huge disappointment as the remote itself is very solid - RF, iPhone app is really useful, etc. Also, it communicates with Roku and Apple TV via IP or bluetooth which is very nice. I haven't looked more closely but I am sure this could open up some interesting communication capabilities to homeseer?

Comment

I just hooked it up tonight. It was fairly straight forward. Everything was setup from the app. When prompted, I had Znet add a node. HS3 added the device and the harmony added every zwave node I have, locks, lights, tstats ect.You can control them all from the remote individually and in activities. It's supposed to do insteon as well. I will try to add that later this week. I was unable to get HS to make the device, zwave static controller, to do anything yet. I may grab the hub pi to help with that. I am upgrading from the 890 with an ir extender which could do zwave but only as a primary. It served well since it was in a media room. This remote is much nicer and the app makes setting it up a snap. The ir blasters work extremely well. BTW its got bluetooth built in so it controls the PS4 too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by Mssoll View Post
                  I just hooked it up tonight. It was fairly straight forward. Everything was setup from the app. When prompted, I had Znet add a node. HS3 added the device and the harmony added every zwave node I have, locks, lights, tstats ect.You can control them all from the remote individually and in activities. It's supposed to do insteon as well. I will try to add that later this week. I was unable to get HS to make the device, zwave static controller, to do anything yet. I may grab the hub pi to help with that. I am upgrading from the 890 with an ir extender which could do zwave but only as a primary. It served well since it was in a media room. This remote is much nicer and the app makes setting it up a snap. The ir blasters work extremely well. BTW its got bluetooth built in so it controls the PS4 too.

I'm interested to know if it works with Insteon. Let us know. Good to hear it does PS4

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                    I'm interested to know if it works with Insteon. Let us know. Good to hear it does PS4
                    The harmony remotes (the ones that come with the RF/Wifi hub) work only with the Insteon 2245-222 Hub. You don't even need the harmony zwave extender to use Insteon, as the 2245-222 hub is an internet/cloud-enabled device.

Comment

You have this hub working with Homeseer? Can you please explain exactly how you did this? Your post lists general steps, but if you do have this working with Homeseer I would like to know how to replicate your success! So far I have been able to add the controlleer as a Zwave node, but I have not been able to negotiate a security association. I am going to try moving the hub next to the controller shortly, and re-attempt to add the node. It took me awhile to find the menu in the Harmony app where you can actually add the remote to an existing Zwave network. It was under settings/utilities in case anyone is curious. The steps that I have taken so far were to go into this menu, and add the Harmony to an existing Zwave network. I then went into Homeseer and clicked "add node" - it started adding, but failed with the security negotiation. I think I might be too far away from the Z-Net controller.
                      Last edited by fdarden; October 30, 2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

A screenshot.

Comment

I wish there was more to add. I only followed the prompts as you have posted. from the app and told homeseer to add the node. It does take a few minutes for the devices to load though.

I can report that it seems you need an insteon hub with an online account for the insteon setup. I realy don't have a need to include those on the remote anyway.

Comment

I wish there was more to add. I only followed the prompts as you have posted. from the app and told homeseer to add the node. It does take a few minutes for the devices to load though.

I can report that it seems you need an insteon hub with an online account for the insteon setup. I realy don't have a need to include those on the remote anyway.

Thanks for replying. It's good to know that there are no additional steps.

Comment

Just to clarify. When the hub is added to the zwave network I can control any lights or devices on my network? But although Homeseer sees it I can't have it talk to Homeseer - such as trigger an event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X