Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinope TH1300RF Under Floor Thermostat Issue

Spud --

This is very timely as another customer recently asked about the TH1300RF for which we recently purchased your plug-in:

Our bathroom floor has finally set and we starting testing the Sinope TH1300RF today with your plug-in. We ran into an issue we HOPE you can fix: The TH1300RF has BOTH Ambient and Floor temperature sensors and has a local setup option to display and use either Floor or Ambient. We have that option set to Floor since we have underfloor heat. Your Plug-in is only reporting Ambient room temperature and does not provide the FLOOR temperature which is critical (see pictures enclosed). I assume Sinope's API was modified at some point to add reading both temperatures for their underfloor thermostats and we hope you can fix this. If possible it would be great to have BOTH Floor and Ambient available for HS3 scripting.

If you need debug information or access to our neviweb.com account please let me know.

Thanks
    Attached Files

For this type of thermostat I will add a device for floor temperature. For the setpoint I can either add an additional device for floor setpoint, or I can change the current setpoint device so that it shows the floor setpoint value or the ambient setpoint value depending on the current setting. What do you think?

Comment

I like where this is going. Time to start planning my laundry room remodel in detail and get a new circuit in place for the underfloor heating!
      cheeryfool

Comment

>>For the setpoint I can either add an additional device for floor setpoint, or I can change >>the current setpoint device so that it shows the floor setpoint value or the ambient >>setpoint value depending on the current setting

Would suggest you provide BOTH values to allow both data points to be used by the HS3 user (events, graphing, etc). If the API allows you to know which (floor or ambient) is actually selected in the local settings of the thermostat perhaps you can FLAG which the thermostat is actually paying attention to at the time (if not that is fine too).

Thanks!

Comment

in version 3.0.0.4 available here I have added support for Floor Heating Thermostats, you will now see 2 new devices: "Floor Temperature" and "Floor Setpoint".
          You will need to delete your thermostats from the config page, then re-add them.

Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Comment

Will try it out - Thanks.

Comment

Most of my floor is demoed. Sinope thermostat, web unit and the heating mat now arrived. New circuit ran. Final tile choice this week.
              cheeryfool

Comment

3.0.0.4 Beta Test Results

Spud --

Upgraded to 3.0.0.4 this morning. The data for Floor Temperature and Floor Setpoint are blank. I think the TH1300RF only has a single Setpoint (Floor or Ambient) which is determined by the user in a local setting on the physical thermostat (see TH1300RF install guide). Ours is set to Floor to perhaps you have them backwards. I'm enclosing screen shots of our HS3 device list and a screenshot from the Neviweb site. Based on the Neviweb site it looks like the API knows which mode the Thermostat has been set to. Let us know if you need additional debug data as we are glad to help! Thank You
                Attached Files

Comment

please test version 3.0.0.5 available here. I believe I have fixed the problem. If it's still not working please provide a debug logs.

Thanks

Comment

Ambient and Floor temps now syncing - Bingo - Thanks! Only remaining comment would be that it's going to confuse users having separate HS3 devices for Floor Setpoint and Room Setpoint as the thermostat really only has a single Heat Setpoint which is paying attention to one of two temperature modes by the local settings on the physical thermostat. Why not just have one "Heat Setpoint" control and one Status-only device which would change between Floor and Room Temperature based on what the API is saying about the mode selected on the physical thermostat options? I'm thinking that would be much less confusing and simple. Thanks again for your quick response to this, Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by foxxconn View Post
                      Ambient and Floor temps now syncing - Bingo - Thanks! Only remaining comment would be that it's going to confuse users having separate HS3 devices for Floor Setpoint and Room Setpoint as the thermostat really only has a single Heat Setpoint which is paying attention to one of two temperature modes by the local settings on the physical thermostat. Why not just have one "Heat Setpoint" control and one Status-only device which would change between Floor and Room Temperature based on what the API is saying about the mode selected on the physical thermostat options? I'm thinking that would be much less confusing and simple. Thanks again for your quick response to this, Joe.
                      well, this is exactly what I asked in post #2, in post #4 you said you wanted to see both setpoints that's why I implemented it this way
                      I will make the changes...

Comment

Sorry - I meant both temperature readings (Ambient and Floor). Not both set points.

Joe

Comment

Beta

Any update on an update to the beta or releasing the changes to production?

Are you keeping it the same with the redundant floor and ambient set points? Guess that could make sense of the user switches the physical thermostat to change to mode between floor and ambient if you can't determine via the API which mode the thermostat is actually physically set to.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by foxxconn View Post
                            Any update on an update to the beta or releasing the changes to production?

Are you keeping it the same with the redundant floor and ambient set points? Guess that could make sense of the user switches the physical thermostat to change to mode between floor and ambient if you can't determine via the API which mode the thermostat is actually physically set to.

Joe
                            sorry completely forgot about this change.
                            3.0.0.5 is in production

I can read and write the control mode (Ambient/Floor) via API, so I will add this as a new device. Note sure yet if it's best to remove one of the sepoint device or keep them both.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.6 (available in the Beta testing thread), I have added a "Control Mode" device that allow to select if the thermostat control the Ambient or Floor temperature

Comment

Working...
                              X