This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in doesn't see PLM or Hub, HomeSeer plug-in does

I've been using HomeSeer for years (software version) and decided to upgrade to a HomeTroller. Everything in my house is InsteOn. I can get it to work fine with the HomeSeer plug-in, but this plug-in doesn't see my PLM or my hub. Please help. Thanks!

Please post a pic of the plugin config page. you must set the port correctly on this page
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark for your quick response! Sorry for my delayed response...Here is a snapshot. I hope the attachment uploaded.
      Attached Files

Comment

on the plugin config page, can you set the logging level to detailed, and restart the plugin, and then post the log snippet of the startup of the plugin

also do the same for the hub port. you should be using the ip address colon port (eg 192.168.1.20:25105

i would like to see how the plugin is responding to both interfaces.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok, so I tried using the ip address for the hub like you suggested. It then asked for user name and password. When I looked at the log it showed that it wasn't accepting the info. Also, am I using the correct port for the USB? (/dev/ttyUSB0) that's what works for the HomeSeer plugin.

Comment

snapshot of log
            Attached Files

Comment

snapshot of HomeSeer plugin log
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LouieD View Post
                Ok, so I tried using the ip address for the hub like you suggested. It then asked for user name and password. When I looked at the log it showed that it wasn't accepting the info. Also, am I using the correct port for the USB? (/dev/ttyUSB0) that's what works for the HomeSeer plugin.
                the hub username & pswd are on a sticker on the bottom.

the usb port looks right

please try updating to the latest beta available in the beta section in the Updater
                Last edited by mnsandler; June 21, 2016, 05:16 AM. Reason: please try updating to the latest beta available in the beta section in the Updater
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok, updated the latest version and nothing. I tried the username and password on the bottom of the hub and I tried the username and password I entered in when set it up. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LouieD View Post
                    Ok, updated the latest version and nothing. I tried the username and password on the bottom of the hub and I tried the username and password I entered in when set it up. Nothing.
                    stick with the username/pswd on the bottom.

restart hs and post the startup log
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Well the good news is that HomeSeer now sees my hub! However now it won't let me into the managing page. It says I have to be a admin to access it and even though I'm logged in, I can't control any lights. All I did was restart HS!

Comment

try the logout function on the Tools menu
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yeah, I did that already. I love my HS2 so much better .....

Comment

i wonder of this is a HomeTroller issue. please report back what you find.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It was. Everything is now working. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X