Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Thermostats displaying in Celsius

Hello:

I have a Homeseer S6 connected to (4) HAI Omnistat (Zigbee) Themostats. How do I change the temperature scale from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

I have tried changing the logging to Debug and disabling the Plugin. When I re enable it I get another set of thermostats showing celsius.

I apologize if this hs been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find that thread.

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

The plugin reads the setting for Celsius/Fahrenheit from the panel config. If you have PC Access, you can check your settings from there. If not, I think you can set it with a console.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

In PCA it is under miscellaneous settings and location.

[ATTACH]60778[/ATTACH]

On the keypad console:

To configure temperatures from the Installer Setup Menu, press the 5 (Temp) key.

TEMPERATURE DISPLAY

This allows you to choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature format.
      TEMPERATURE DISPLAY: 1
      1=FAHRENHEIT 2=CELSIUS
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

Interesting...
          What version is your panel firmware?

Comment

This morning I had only 1 thermostat enabled and it was showing Fahrenheit. I went back and it was Celsius. I've tried enabling the individual thermostats, changing the logging config between Debug & Normal.

Right now the Temperature sensors are showing Fahrenheit and the Thermostats are
            Celsius. Last night the Temperature sensors were Celsius so they could change when I got back and check.

Comment

I think I solved the mystery.

I had changed the name of the "Bedroom Root Device" to "Bedroom Thermostat."

I changed it back to "Bedroom Root Device", enabled the Plugin and it displays properly.

It doesn't answer why the Temperature sensors (included in the Panel device) changed but I'll take what I can get.

I'll report again tomorrow. I guess the panel wasn't able to update the "Root Device(s)."

Comment

Ok. That is definitely strange. The thermostat id is stored in the root device ped, so it shouldn't matter what the name is.
                Report back if it doesn't work.

Comment

I upgraded from .22 of the plugin to .24 and now two of my three thermostats are showing in Celsius.

In SnapLink they all show Fahrenheit. The one thermostat that is Fahrenheit has a doppelganger in Celsius. Something weird for sure going one. I have so many HStouch screens with these devices I really hate to start deleting and recreating as I'll have to change so many screens.

Did any of the changes with .24 of the plugin have to do with thermostats?

Comment

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
                    I upgraded from .22 of the plugin to .24 and now two of my three thermostats are showing in Celsius.

In SnapLink they all show Fahrenheit. The one thermostat that is Fahrenheit has a doppelganger in Celsius. Something weird for sure going one. I have so many HStouch screens with these devices I really hate to start deleting and recreating as I'll have to change so many screens.

Let me check and get back to you...

Comment

I dont see anything that touched temperature formats.
                      What model of thermostats are you using?
                      Is it only the temperature or are the setpoints showing in Celsius as well?

Comment

I have 1 RC-1000 and 2 Omnistat2. All connected serially to the HAI Omnipro II. One of the Omnistat2 units is in F, the other two in C. Temp and setpoints all went to Celsius on the units that changed. Also my extended range temperature module went to Celsius.

I did rename my root thermostat devices for Alex reasons. I did not want to say "root" in the thermostat name. Tonight I'll try simply renaming the thermostats and not remove/add.

The only thing I changed was upgrading the HAI plugin. Odd that only 2 or the 3 changed. The other of thing is I show 4 thermostats in HS3. The one Omnistat2 2 that works has a 2nd entry that is in Celsius.

Comment

I have 1 RC-1000 and 2 Omnistat2. All connected serially to the HAI Omnipro II. One of the Omnistat2 units is in F, the other two in C. Temp and setpoints all went to Celsius on the units that changed. Also my extended range temperature module went to Celsius.

I did rename my root thermostat devices for Alex reasons. I did not want to say "root" in the thermostat name. Tonight I'll try simply renaming the thermostats and not remove/add.

The only thing I changed was upgrading the HAI plugin. Odd that only 2 or the 3 changed. The other of thing is I show 4 thermostats in HS3. The one Omnistat2 2 that works has a 2nd entry that is in Celsius.
                          Thanks - let me trace this through and see what I can find out...

Comment

I logged in remotely and changed the names of the thermostats and stopped/started the plugin. I then had duplicates of my thermostats and all were in Celsius. I then stopped/started HS3 and all 70+ of my UPB devices and HAI flags are now duplicated. I rebooted the entire system and now I have 3 copies of all of my HAI devices. Of course this broke all of my HStouch screens for anything HAI.

Before I do anything else thought I'd get advice on what to do next. Everything else in HS3 is fine, just the HAI devices (thermostats, UPB, and flags) duplicate on every start of the plugin and thermostats are all in Celsius

Comment

I logged in remotely and changed the names of the thermostats and stopped/started the plugin. I then had duplicates of my thermostats and all were in Celsius. I then stopped/started HS3 and all 70+ of my UPB devices and HAI flags are now duplicated. I rebooted the entire system and now I have 3 copies of all of my HAI devices. Of course this broke all of my HStouch screens for anything HAI.

Before I do anything else thought I'd get advice on what to do next. Everything else in HS3 is fine, just the HAI devices (thermostats, UPB, and flags) duplicate on every start of the plugin and thermostats are all in Celsius
                              Send me your latest HAI.log file - email to robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com

Restore your backup prior to upgrading the plugin and let me see what I can find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X