This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Apps

I have a a wav file that plays whenever someone shuts the door in my powder room, A big plus for WAF. Anyway it works really really well as i only turn on the speaker that's in the powder room at the time. What i'm noticing is that the speaker.exe on the HomeSeer server plays that as well, no problem i ecpected that it would, however i have several other systems in the house also running a speaker app. It plays through those too, not my intent to all but announce when someone is in the powder room, not a big plus for the WAF.

My question, is it somehow possible to have the main speaker app playing it but exclude just that one even from going to the other computer systems in the house?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

I just happen to be looking at this myself and in the help docs have found that there is:

If your using an event, there is an option to specify the host.

If you are using scripting, the hsplaywav file commands have an options to specify the host to play.

StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

How are you playing the wav file? There should a parameter to target a specific speaker app.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The wav is played from a VB script that jon00 wrote. I believe the line that plays the file is

hs.PlaywavFile(Path & WaveFile,SPClient)

What i'd like is to be able to just play this particular wav through the standard default that is on the HS machine and none of the others.

I assume that either i should be using the hs.playwaveFileEX command but it gives no examples of how or what format the host command should be. I'm also guessing it has something to do with that SPclient that's in the line.

If only there were a "HomeSeer Scripting for Dummies" i'd buy it for myself for xmas.
        Last edited by nightwalker; December 21, 2007, 07:07 AM.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

In the script I wrote find the line:

Dim SPClient As String = "*:*"

Change the first * to the host name (machine name) of your Homeseer PC i.e.

Dim SPClient As String = "Homeseer:*"
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            In the script I wrote find the line:

Dim SPClient As String = "*:*"

Change the first * to the host name (machine name) of your Homeseer PC i.e.

Dim SPClient As String = "Homeseer:*"

Jon, you do so much, I was trying not to bother you with this and maybe figure it out on my own. Yea, like i had a chance of that happening.

Thanks again for the help, it worked perfectly!
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Working...
            X