This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues/Problems?
    I am still on 0.3.0.1. No issues so far.

Successes?
    Now for the real reason I am using this. I am using the vera as a middleman in between voxcommando and HS3. This is allowing me to have natural voice commands inside of my network. Setting up a virtual switch and a corresponding scene to toggle the v switch off. I probably could do json stuff from voxcommando, but to me this is easier as I already had all the components handy. Other highlights I want to point out about Voxcommando, it has an android client app that allows for communication to VC. It also has an android wear client that allows for communication. I do run speaker dot exe and VC at the same time using the same sapi voice without issues.

So Jeubanks, thank you for the plugin and the timing because I switched from vera over a month ago and was having serious withdraw from being able to flick my wrist up and saying "Beer run" so I could shut the house down and go to the store.

Remote Controllers working?
    Device Types?

10 Virtual switches with scenes to toggle them.

Number of devices?
    One nyce motion detector that I haven't messed with yet.

Comment

Release: 0.3.1.4

-- Changed the password encryption back to non-encrypted in the INI file. It was not working as expected. To be fixed. You may have to update your password in the config page again.

Download is in the first posting:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

Comment

The Vera Plugin should be published to the updater soon.

PLEASE everyone that has been testing. Remove the existing plugin and INI files before updating. The released plugin uses and encrypted password in the INI file and if you were using an older beta without the encrypted password you will get errors.

If you upgrade without doing a full remove/install then you will need to stop the plugin. Verify it's stopped (check for process, kill if needed). Delete the INI and BAK file and then start the plugin. Then go in and enter your password.

If you don't do this you may see NullReference errors in the logs until the clean up is performed and remote controllers won't work as you have to authenticate against the Vera remote systems to get the controller information.

Comment

Simplex.

What are the scenes used for with security devices? Do I actually need them?

Comment

The scenes for security sensors are for Speed of event notification. I made the plugin specifically because I have some Zigbee motion sensors that I couldn't find replacements for. The normal polling of event information is fine for everything except motion/door sensors. For those I wanted FAST responses and so I used Vera Scenes to do that. If you on the other hand don't need/care you can delete the scenes.

Comment

Things seem to be working good but im getting an error in HS3 logs about a MIOS login. Sorry if this has been posted before, not seeing a reference for it.
              It's a constant loop of retrying
              Sep-25 12:55:33 PM Vera Mios Not Ready. Retrying...
              Sep-25 12:55:26 PM Vera Mios Not Ready. Retrying...
              Sep-25 12:55:17 PM Vera ERROR Mios Error. Retrying...

Comment

1. Always ensure you're running the latest version. I posted a new Beta yesterday
                2. That is a Vera error and is there for....well reference. This is when Luup is doing a reload or restart and the plugin can't talk to Vera at the moment. I have seen at times when a Vera controller will get stuck and needs a hard power cycle. Sorry it's a Vera issue.

What controller model and firmware are you running?

Comment

Ok yep I just re-installed this version from the earlier beta.

Plugin Version: 1.3.3.12

Vera Plus

Vera Version: 1.7.4001

I'll power cycle Vera and report back.

Comment

Also note. The Vera Login information is only needed for a Remote Controller. If your controller is on the same network then don't enter the login info as it's not needed.

Comment

Power cycle complete, not seeing any errors on the vera side. Still seeing HS errors though. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Enable debug if not already and post the logs so I know what is happening. Also if you restarted the Vera Controller restart the plugin to see if that makes a fresh connection. Usually those errors go away after Vera is fully running.

Comment

I went ahead and power cycled the Vera controller, once it was up fully I restarted the plugin. Enabled debug and here's what im seeing.
                          Sep-25 3:17:57 PM Vera ERROR Mios Error. Retrying...
                          Sep-25 3:17:50 PM Vera Debug Mios No Data. Retrying...
                          Sep-25 3:17:25 PM Vera Debug Device with no category! Not Creating!
                          Sep-25 3:17:18 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:UPnP Event Proxy
                          Sep-25 3:17:16 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Sonos
                          Sep-25 3:17:15 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Samsung Smart Home
                          Sep-25 3:17:14 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Rachio Service
                          Sep-25 3:17:11 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:LivingRoom
                          Sep-25 3:17:09 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:LiftMaster MyQ Devic
                          Sep-25 3:17:07 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Garage
                          Sep-25 3:17:07 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Front South
                          Sep-25 3:17:07 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Front Porch
                          Sep-25 3:17:06 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Front North
                          Sep-25 3:17:04 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:ecobee
                          Sep-25 3:17:04 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not SupportedSC Alarm Panel
                          Sep-25 3:17:04 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supportedriveway
                          Sep-25 3:17:01 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:Backyard
                          Sep-25 3:17:00 PM Vera Debug Vera Plugin Not Supported:All Cameras
                          Sep-25 3:16:25 PM Vera Mios Not Ready. Retrying...
                          Sep-25 3:16:17 PM Vera Mios Not Ready. Retrying...
                          Sep-25 3:16:08 PM Vera ERROR Mios Error. Retrying...

Comment

Well you have a lot of plugins.....

Do you have any z-wave or zigbee devices left in your Vera?

What happens is the plugin will scan Vera and if there's devices HS3 devices will be created for them. Then it watches for events from Vera. That Mios Error is that Vera is not returning and "Ok" state. This is a Vera issue of Luup not recovering after a reload which is unfortunate and common.

If a reboot did not recover Luup you can do the following:

1. Wait. This eventually will clear up over time as Luup will reload about every 6 minutes.
                            2. Manually reload Luup. This can be attemped from the Plugin itself but with Vera in this state it may not respond. Or from the Vera UI go to apps -> develop and enter without quotes "luup.reload()" and hit ok and that will issue the luup reload command. Without an SSH window and tailing the log you won't get anything other than an OK or Success message but no indicator of if it worked or not.

You can query Vera directly through the http interface in a browser (I use PostMan) with the following URL:

Code:
                            http://<YOUR_IP>:3480/data_request?id=sdata
                            Look for the entry "state" A negative one ( -1 ) is the "normal" state of proper operations. Essentially do a luup.reload until this shows -1.

From the information the Plugin is working correctly. The Vera Controller is having issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X