Automated Blind Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally,
    After years of searching for a viable and cost effective way to automate my mini blinds, I have succeeded. Thanks a million lazymannow. I used the Ocelot to learn the commands and set up an event to close them at night and another to open them in the morning.

FINALLY
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp
      I'm not familiar with the Ocelot. How are you getting the ir to the sensors for the miniblindes?
      I would like to blast that wall with IR (I have four windows) and not have emitter wire hanging around.
      John

Comment

johnny,
        I could have sworn I replied to this thread. I too use powermids. I have several scattered throughtout the house.

Comment

I think I did see somewhere that Rupp likes powerminds. Im not sure they would work for me. I have a usbuirt that receives and sends out the IR signal. Its a blaster that points back from my av system bounces the the signal off the opposite wall and controls my sat & receiver. It will not operate the blinds which are behind the av equipment. I have an emitter inside RPTV. Would the powermind in the same room cause duplicate signals?
          John

Comment

Any of you guys have any of the Power Ease Automatic Blind controllers that you would be willing to sell? I need a few more and QVC is sold out and may not be carrying them any more.

Comment

YEE HAW! I found more at Lowe's. Now all of the mini blinds on the front of the house - 9 blinds all open at sunrise and close at sun set. This is one of the best products I have ever used. I searched high and low and spent a fortune on alternatives until I ran across this product and they are Awesome. Thanks Lazymannow for the heads up.

Power Ease Automatic Blind controllers

Comment

Rupp, How much are they at Lowes?
                John
                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I just got back from there as we speak and out Lowe's packages then different from QVC. They sell the units separate one with a remote and one without. The ones with a remote are $14.98 on clearance normally $20 and the ones I bought without the remote were $11.88 each. Normally $15 I think. I bought 6 more to complete all the blinds I have. One thing I should mention they only work on blinds that have the wand on the left side.

Comment

I just got back from Lowes,

I searched the aisles - nothing
                    I got an associate to help - Nothing + confused look
                    I searched every clearance bin in the store - nothing

This is a newer Lowes (>6 months, I think) so maybe they never had them. Oh well!
                    John
                    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

For $12 each, I'll defineately take 8 of them. Let me know what you find out.
                      John

Comment

lazymannow,
                        Had you asked me yesterday I would have taken 6 more but a trip to Lowe's has me stocked up. Again thanks for the heads up on these. Again this is one of the best HA devices I have ever bought so guys they are definatly worth a look.

Comment

I would be intrested in some of those too
                          Thanx
                          Tim
                          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

boy, you really have my interest now! Does anyone have a link to these items? i tried QVC, but the link doesn't show a picture at all since they are out of stock.

Comment

lazyman, How big of a bulk order does this guy need? I'm sure we can come up with somethig fair to compensate you for your time, say something like:

(Your cost + Shipping) + 10% or something like that (so in my case you'd make at least $10 off the transaction).

Or maybe somene like Martin of Automated Outlet should buy the guy out and redistribute them?
                              John

Comment

OK, I've navigated that mess that is cepia's website and took a screenshot. Here it is:
                                Attached Files
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X