Squeezebox Plugin Screensaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeezebox Plugin Screensaver

I just started the trial for the Squeezebox plugin after updating to HS3 about a year or so ago and previously using the HS2 version of the plugin. I never used the screensaver in the old version (was it even a feature), but now that my former favorite squeezebox screensaver (weather, date and time) is no longer available with the latest version of logitech media server, I wanted to use HomeSeer to send weather info to my Booms via weatherxml and this plugin.

I pasted the code for "Screensaver 1" from the plugin documentation into my ini file, but the only thing that shows up is the bottom text, in a really big font. It also only shows up when I scroll the screensaver, but not as the default screen when the screensaver is set to come on (in my case, when the device is powered off). I get a normal clock when powered off.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see had the fonts set wrong in LMS. I got it working using this code... a bit of a challennge becuase the narrow boom screen wants to scroll
    Code:
    [ScreenSaver 1]
    Icon=$INI:weatherxml\weatherinfo:weatherInfo1:ConditionIcon
    IconText1=L $$GV:wxmlTLow_1
    IconText2=H $$GV:wxmlTHigh_1
    IconText3=C $$GV:wxmlTemp_1
    TopText=$$GV:wxmlCond_1
    BottomText=%t
    TickerText=
    OverlayText=
    Last edited by jrfuda; September 21, 2016, 12:10 PM. Reason: figured out on my own
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Tweaked my ini settings a bit to use devices for today's forecast hi/low using devices instead of hig/low so far using variables.

However, with both these and the former settings, my icon is not updating:

Code:
    [ScreenSaver 1]
    Icon=$INI:weatherXML\weatherinfo:WeatherInfo1:ConditionIcon
    IconText1=C $$GV:wxmlTemp_1
    IconText2=H $$DXC:z1
    IconText3=L $$DXC:z2
    TopText=$$GV:wxmlCond_1
    BottomText=%t
    TickerText=
    OverlayText=
    When I check weatherinfo.ini the ConitionIcon is changing, however, it never changes on the screensaver. The screensaver has been on the overcast icon since day one, even though the actual condition (wxmlCond_1) updates just fine.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
    X