Google Latitude script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Latitude script

This is the discussion for the Google latitude script. This script is pretty basic, but it fundamentally changed the way I used Homeseer and I think it may do the same for others.

It is found here.

I am not a software programmer, so bear in mind it is rough-- but useful nonetheless.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=143249
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

In answer to a question about line 24....

Try adding "temp" to line 13.

ie. dim cuurentCoridinates, temp, latitude.....

Next that doesn't work-- you may need to add

ScriptingReferences = System.xml;System.xml.dll

To your config/settings.ini file under

[Settings]

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Added Temp as stated and ran the event, same error, checked my settings.ini and that line is there already (for some of Jon00s)

Thanks, TrOjAn

Comment

Hmmmm,

Can you send me your userID number-- I want to look at your badge.

Are you by chance east of the prime meridian?

I wonder if that is causing something.....

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

SUre can, can I email it? I dont want to post it here.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
            SUre can, can I email it? I dont want to post it here.. thanks
            Sure

gmail----

wpiman

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Now working yhanks to wpiman,

the latitude code needed a - in front of the number...

TrOjAn

Comment

Glad it is working---

I don't have a minus sign-- perhaps they dole out signed numbers.

So I guess double check the sign of your Userid.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Thanks for the script post, this is fantastic and is something I have implimented in my setup. I have a query though, I was hoping you might be able to help me. I have a device (Z15) which is a virtual device that I am calling TH Suburb Occupancy. What I want to be able to do is set it so that when the position code (Z1) string = "Beaconsfield Upper VIC, Australia" or "Pakenham, VIC, Australia" to set the Z15 device to "ON" and when it does not equal either of those to set it to "Off". This will allow me to set house occupancy based on suburb (especially for fire calls) as chances are in my case if I am in either suburb I am available for calls and the house can allow events to run if required.

Can anyone give me a hand with a simple script, I tried a few if else statements but all errored up, or showed "Off" when they should have shown on.
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

have not tried it yet, but perhaps a quick question up front. Do you know if its possible that it will show you somehow on which highway your driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Snelvuur View Post
                      have not tried it yet, but perhaps a quick question up front. Do you know if its possible that it will show you somehow on which highway your driving?
                      Right now latitude does not provide that information. If they do, it would be easy to add.

As for the other question, that could be done in the script, but an easier way would be to have an event fire when that status changes, and compare it there and set your virtual device.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

does the status change based on the position you are currently at?.

I know the string does, but at the moment there is no way to have an event to fire if string = x

How might I get it to show the status of Upper Beaconsfield?

Thanks
                        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

So, I see how I am getting geo-position data, but how are you using it to say you are "in" an area?

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrafilm
                            I get this error:

Script compile error: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are no longer supported.on line 28

I am in Europe so it might be the same minus sign error?
                            Can you be a bit more specific what you changed to get it working?

Thanks for the scripting effort, it look promising.

Bastiaan
                            That error is because you have renamed the .txt to .vb, it should be .txt

TrOjAn

Comment

This looks great.

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                              This is the discussion for the Google latitude script. This script is pretty basic, but it fundamentally changed the way I used Homeseer and I think it may do the same for others.

It is found here.

I am not a software programmer, so bear in mind it is rough-- but useful nonetheless.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=143249
                              Best,
                              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Working...
                              X