No announcement yet.

Google Latitude script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the position code shows the suburb you are currently in. With my example if I am in suburb X, chances are I am at home, or available. Rather than using the Lat / Long i use the suburb.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

i get :

10-8-2010 0:38:37 - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: getPosition.txt424:Object required: 'temp(...)' in line 21 More info: Object required: 'temp(...)'

while my atom badge url does show the geoip locations. (the test url sort of speak)

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
        Because the position code shows the suburb you are currently in. With my example if I am in suburb X, chances are I am at home, or available. Rather than using the Lat / Long i use the suburb.
        Gotcha, I'm noticing in my area, it tells me I'm in Rochester, NY or New York, NY.

Which is NOT the case. I am in Rochester when at work, and in my suburb at night. Oh well, I guess I can always use circle math against the coordinates.

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Snelvuur View Post
          i get :

10-8-2010 0:38:37 - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: getPosition.txt424:Object required: 'temp(...)' in line 21 More info: Object required: 'temp(...)'

while my atom badge url does show the geoip locations. (the test url sort of speak)
          This shows up in my log on occasion. I think this occurs when the site cannot be accessed. I run the script every minute, I might see it once a day. Do you see it consistently? I think i can add something which will remove this error and make it a warning.

I am on vacation, so I might not get to it for A few days. Typing this on my iPhone,
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

dont see those errors anymore now though..

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              Gotcha, I'm noticing in my area, it tells me I'm in Rochester, NY or New York, NY.
              Dan,
              I'm having the same issue.
              It shows my location as New York, USA
              I do live in New York state, but am 6 hours away from NY city.

BTW, great script!
              It nice to see useful scripts being donated by knowledgeable folks that don't want $39.99 just to use it.
              Thanks!!!!

Edit:
              It's a Google issue.
              When I went to Google Latitude it showed my location as New York, USA
              Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

oh, I agree it is a Google issue. I just thought, if someone had already implemented something to determine the locations, then I was all set.

Looks like another project that I'll have to wait on for someone else to "fix" or until I have time.

Besides this Google issue, GREAT job on it! I never thought to work with something like this.

Figure, use RFID or BT to determine if you are home or not, BUT, instead of based on time (away for 20 minutes), based on distance + time or rough "area" that I am in (if I am near work, I am generally there at least 8 hours, so I can have a good chance of assuming I'm gone for that long), control the temperature of the house. Totally AWESOME!

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Ok, I'll add something that will show distance from locations.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Wow! Awesome! Thanks! Saves me from having to do it!

--Dan

Comment

Code for distance calculations

I found this and it should be able to be added to determine the distance from home.
                      Attached Files

Comment

wpiman,

is it possible to have locations logged each day? it would be nice to get home and have each location change logged.

Thanks,

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                          wpiman,

is it possible to have locations logged each day? it would be nice to get home and have each location change logged.

Thanks,

TrOjAn
                          You could uncomment out the hs.writelog that writes the position.

Did you want the lat/log logged or the inferred position?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I posted version .2 which will calculated distances between the Latitude point and fixed points. You will need to go to Google and get the latitude/long of your house/work etc.

Instructions are in the file and in the post. I indented lines that fix individual setups.

Let me know any issues and suggestions for .3

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Any way to trim the distance to tenths of a mile?
                              One calculation went out to 8 maybe 10 places.
                              Dan-O
                              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

At this time just the actual NAME of the location change would be great, the long / lat figures are n ot needed for myself.. thanks,

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
                                X