No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid I am still at a bit of a loss, nothing has changed in terms of the scripting call that I can see. I can't run the entire script without some effort so just cut it down to;

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Try

Dim pushArr(8) As Object

pushArr(0) = "iPhone"
            	pushArr(1) = "test message"
            	pushArr(2) = "test title"
            	pushArr(3) = "normal"
            	pushArr(4) = Nothing
            	pushArr(5) = Nothing
            	pushArr(6) = Nothing
            	pushArr(7) = Nothing
            	pushArr(8) = Nothing

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", pushArr)

Catch ex As Exception : hs.writelog("PushoverTest", "Exception: " & ex.message)
        End Try

End Sub
    And it appears to work just fine - would you be willing to try this build (which is the one I am using, just in case the one in the updater is wrong) and your script just to check? You would need to drop it into your HS folder once downloaded. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-x...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Pushover alerts 10 mins apart..

Hi everyone.. perhaps someone could help me out here.. I just switched from Vera to Homseer. it's such a better system.. more robust. Glad I made the change.

So I have all my device on Homeseer all working fine.. but unlike Vera.. I just used Vera Alerts.. Homeseer is a bit more to setup.. now I have Pushover working and sending alerts via events.. but I have a Schlage deadbolt on the front door and it sends me an alert every 10 mins.. even though the status really doesn't change...

It's likely something I've done, but I can't seem to find an answer.I also get like 6 alerts upon lock trigger unlock or lock. Here is a screenshot of the log..
      https://ibb.co/gdQehd

Also here is a link to the event.
      https://ibb.co/ewxQNd

thanks for any help!

Comment

I think you want the condition set to if 'changed'. I don't have a lock so I can't look, but perhaps this will help.
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by freebs View Post
          but I have a Schlage deadbolt on the front door and it sends me an alert every 10 mins.. even though the status really doesn't change..,

Comment

Ok thank you guys for the input! I will try this out... new to all this homeseer stuff.. but it is so cool.. you can do so much more..

Comment

Hmm, the same result... I tired "set if device changes" and "set it device is set or changed"

https://ibb.co/jrcCky

Comment

Originally posted by freebs View Post
                Hmm, the same result... I tired "set if device changes" and "set it device is set or changed"

https://ibb.co/jrcCky
                It might be worth your time having a read of the HS3 Event Clinic forum as that contains some very good guides on the nuances of the event engine. Some triggers are named in a slightly confusing matter and some settings of HS3 don't help in this regard, what can cause confusion is that HomeSeer (or perhaps more correctly, a HS plugin of whatever origin) can set a device value to the same value more than once. So what could be happening is that the lock is sending the same value to HS every 5 minutes or whatever as part of it's routine to keep them in sync and some events will trigger because the device value has been set...it's just been set to the same value (clear as mud? Although there is an option in the device settings to not update the last change time if the value does not change, that might help here). That's likely the issue in the example event you posted, Zorac is onto the right lines and you might want to look at 'changes and becomes locked' which should mean that it will only trigger when it changes from unlocked (or another status) to locked.

Comment

Thanks, mrhappy.. it seems to work fine now.. Well I get two alerts per lock,unlock.. that's much better than 6 and then every 10 mins afterward. LOL
                  Just learning this homeseer... I'll continue to read the forums, they've been a great help thus far.

Comment

Documentation

Hi,

I am trying to get Pushover setup. It works from the Pushover website, but I can't get the Homeseer part working.

Can someone post the documentation - none of the links seem to work.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

I've been using pushover for a while now and it's been great. However something is happening and I have no idea why.

I just created a vb script that reads the RPi CPU temperature and put it in to a virtual device. All that works just fine. What happening is that when editing the script within HS3 every time I tell it to save the script I get the following displayed on the console.

Code:
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionCount() 17
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 1
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Send Pushover Message
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 2
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Withdraw Emergency Pushover Message
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 3
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Change Emergency Settings
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 4
                      [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Send Glance Message
                      This does not show in the logs and the only reason I see it is that I'm still running my HS3 build by issuing "sudo ./go" at the linux command prompt.

It also happens if I open and close the options at the bottom of the event. No where in the event do I do anything with pushover.

I have NO idea what pushover is sending this out.

If I disable Pushover it goes away and if I re-enable it comes back.

If I create a new empty event that event and toggle options it acts the exact same way.

If I go to an old event and toggle options it doesn't.

Somehow pushover seems to be connecting it self to newly created events.

And the really weird thing is that if I creat a new empty event with pushover disabled it does the same thing.

As I said I only see this on the console output not in the logs. Could you have left some sort of test code in that only comes out on the console?
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
                        Hi,

I am trying to get Pushover setup. It works from the Pushover website, but I can't get the Homeseer part working.

Can someone post the documentation - none of the links seem to work.

Thanks,

Dave
                        I'm sorry work has been a bit chaotic, I moved the documentation to my own web server but it looks to be broken, I'll fix it later tonight and if you are still struggling let me know.

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                        I've been using pushover for a while now and it's been great. However something is happening and I have no idea why.

I just created a vb script that reads the RPi CPU temperature and put it in to a virtual device. All that works just fine. What happening is that when editing the script within HS3 every time I tell it to save the script I get the following displayed on the console.

Code:
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 1
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Send Pushover Message
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 2
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Withdraw Emergency Pushover Message
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 3
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Change Emergency Settings
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName() 4
                        [6/5/2018 7:55:20 AM] ActionName Return: Send Glance Message
                        This does not show in the logs and the only reason I see it is that I'm still running my HS3 build by issuing "sudo ./go" at the linux command prompt.

It also happens if I open and close the options at the bottom of the event. No where in the event do I do anything with pushover.

I have NO idea what pushover is sending this out.

If I disable Pushover it goes away and if I re-enable it comes back.

If I create a new empty event that event and toggle options it acts the exact same way.

If I go to an old event and toggle options it doesn't.

Somehow pushover seems to be connecting it self to newly created events.

And the really weird thing is that if I creat a new empty event with pushover disabled it does the same thing.

As I said I only see this on the console output not in the logs. Could you have left some sort of test code in that only comes out on the console?
                        I log a lot to the console window, some plugins make sparing use of the console window, some log a fair bit to it - I find it useful for developing/debugging (and indeed HS left it as an option to enable developer mode so probably had the same intention else they wouldn't give you the option to display the window) and as such tend to find it good to show what the plugin is doing.

Now windows is obviously doing things differently because each plugin loads in a separate window (and you can disable them) so it is easy to see what just belongs to that plugin and it does not show in the main HS log. Linux without the windows interface merges them all together and puts them in the console window, you should find this happen with any plugin it is probably just that I log more to it hence why you see it more often.

When you go into any event in HS it calls into every plugin in the HS system and asks for the action names that belong to that plugin (it puts them in the drop down list). The plugin will answer with the names and it uses those in the drop down list when you build an event, this is irrespective of whether you use them in the event or not. It is not the case that Pushover is attaching itself to unrelated events.

When you build an event then it should start to call into the ActionBuildUI, ActionProcessPostUI, ActionConfigured, HandleAction and possibly a couple of other methods to correctly handle the event action. This is just what HS does as part of it's normal routine, nothing out of the ordinary - if the Z-Wave plugin decided to do the same then it would show also. It should not show in the main HS log.

Comment

Ok, now I understand what's gong on so I won't worry about it. Thanks for getting back on this.
                          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                            Ok, now I understand what's gong on so I won't worry about it. Thanks for getting back on this.
                            Should be back online now (here ), I did a bit of a silly thing and confirmed my hostname with NoIP when I got the email on my phone - it put the IP of my phone as the host

Comment

BTW, if you ever get you're own domain use Google Domain Services. You can run DDNS with their servers directly with any router that allows you to put the DDNS server IP in. I've been using them for a while and haven't looked back.

Comment

Hi all,

Can we do message replacement variable you can use in Pushover messages or emails.

Comment

Working...
                                X