Imperihome Envisalink issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperihome Envisalink issues

I am really new to Homeseer (First post here) but a long time HA user (Vera). I have almost everything working well, but I have two small issues with Imperihome (Android) and Envisalink 3 (DSC panel).

I have the panel set as a multi switch and I see the switch just fine in Imperihome. I can see status changes and I can change the icons, but I cannot figure out how to get the icons to change (or change colors) as the panel status changes. It isn't a huge issue but I use an old phone as an alarm status by my front door and to give TTS for certain notifications. Seeing red or orange means do not open the front door. Ha!

Next, and this is a strange one, communication seem great for both local LAN and remote connection in Imperihome. Status changes are fine, device changes (turn lights on off etc), and run events work for both local and abroad for everything but the panel. With the panel, everything works great local LAN but I can not arm stay or arm away while remote (off the local LAN). The strange thing is, I can disarm remote just fine so at least one function on the widget works both local and remote. I can do everything including arm stay or arm away just fine local LAN with the widget.

Current Date/Time: 5/16/2017 9:17:58 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 14 Hours 39 Minutes 42 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.3
    Number of Devices: 112
    Number of Events: 43
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.22.30668: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: EnvisaLink
    1.1.6.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.1: IFTTT
    3.0.0.20: ImperiHome
    3.0.0.63: weatherXML
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Last edited by MrBoo; May 17, 2017, 06:36 AM. Reason: Adding System information

Originally posted by MrBoo View Post
    I have the panel set as a multi switch and I see the switch just fine in Imperihome. I can see status changes and I can change the icons, but I cannot figure out how to get the icons to change (or change colors) as the panel status changes. It isn't a huge issue but I use an old phone as an alarm status by my front door and to give TTS for certain notifications. Seeing red or orange means do not open the front door. Ha!
    I may be wrong, but I don't think you can use dynamic icons with multi-switchs. You may want to ask (or request this feature to be added) directly to IH support.

Next, and this is a strange one, communication seem great for both local LAN and remote connection in Imperihome. Status changes are fine, device changes (turn lights on off etc), and run events work for both local and abroad for everything but the panel. With the panel, everything works great local LAN but I can not arm stay or arm away while remote (off the local LAN). The strange thing is, I can disarm remote just fine so at least one function on the widget works both local and remote. I can do everything including arm stay or arm away just fine local LAN with the widget.
    Strange one indeed!
    How is the plug-in configured? Do you use the "Custom http server" or myHS ?
    Could you set the log level to Trace, and post the logs you get when you try to arm from local LAN, and then while remote?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I may be wrong, but I don't think you can use dynamic icons with multi-switchs. You may want to ask (or request this feature to be added) directly to IH support.
      Thanks! I have put a request in with the app developer. It would be great if they could add a controller or partition device into security but I guess that is asking a lot since this is a catch all standard. Having some icons that follow partition status shouldn't be that big of a request I wouldn't think.

Strange one indeed!
      How is the plug-in configured? Do you use the "Custom http server" or myHS ?
      Could you set the log level to Trace, and post the logs you get when you try to arm from local LAN, and then while remote?
      I saw the remote config in the user manual, but figured the plugin had changed since then. I do have a custom http option but I do not have a myHS area. I obviously have the local area. Pic included below... Note that the plugin does work with the remote connect string. I even changed connect servers from connect2 to connect11 on my Android and both worked the same. I also tested with the remote connection via the Homeseer web GUI. That's where I notice connect11 as a server. I performed that check to make sure it wasn't a remote issue all the way around. I WAS able to change the state of the panel via the web GUI and connected to a connect# server.

What areas are you looking for from the trace? I turned it on and it flooded with data. I can parse out the stuff you do not need.
      Attached Files

Comment

I saw the remote config in the user manual, but figured the plugin had changed since then. I do have a custom http option but I do not have a myHS area.
        This is a small bug in the plug-in. The workaround is to disable and then reenable MyHS in your HS settings. Then the remote area will appear in the plug-in config page.

What areas are you looking for from the trace? I turned it on and it flooded with data. I can parse out the stuff you do not need.
        I want to see the data that is sent by IH to HS3 when you try to arm. To avoid too much data you can temporarily increase the refresh rate in the IH app.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to disable MyHS and reenable to see the proper settings. I've done a lot of research but I had not seen that fix.

I believe it is safe to say that not seeing the option wasn't a deal breaker as I did not do the custom settings and the default was probably still there. I connected just fine without seeing the settings before. making that change did not have an affect on this issue.

I tried to clear the screen, change to trace, run the option, then freeze the results to limit data. I also did a little house keeping to remove overly personal cam settings. I have two files. One with this process while my Android was attached to my local LAN and one with Wifi turned off. The files are named accordingly. I am sure you are much better at wading through these logs than I am! ha!

PS I tried a few times on the failure so the file got too large. I trimmed some data our but I am sure one or more of the tries are in there. If not, I can split the original into two.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to disable MyHS and reenable to see the proper settings. I've done a lot of research but I had not seen that fix.

I believe it is safe to say that not seeing the option wasn't a deal breaker as I did not do the custom settings and the default was probably still there. I connected just fine without seeing the settings before. making that change did not have an affect on this issue.

I tried to clear the screen, change to trace, run the option, then freeze the results to limit data. I also did a little house keeping to remove overly personal cam settings. I have two files. One with this process while my Android was attached to my local LAN and one with Wifi turned off. The files are named accordingly. I am sure you are much better at wading through these logs than I am! ha!

PS I tried a few times on the failure so the file got too large. I trimmed some data our but I am sure one or more of the tries are in there. If not, I can split the original into two.
            It seems that the plug-in does not receive anything in the case it fails.
            Since you said it worked with the Disarm control, I guess the problem may be the space in the "Arm Stay" control. Could you edit your partition device, go to the "status graphics" tab and change "Arm Stay" to "Arm_Stay". Then you will need to restart the IH plug-in (or click the rebuild cache button) for the change to propagate to IH.

Let me know how it goes, thanks

Comment

It seems that the plug-in does not receive anything in the case it fails.
              Since you said it worked with the Disarm control, I guess the problem may be the space in the "Arm Stay" control. Could you edit your partition device, go to the "status graphics" tab and change "Arm Stay" to "Arm_Stay". Then you will need to restart the IH plug-in (or click the rebuild cache button) for the change to propagate to IH.

Let me know how it goes, thanks
              I edited the graphics tab on Partition device and changed the Arm Stay to Arm_Stay and I also changed the Arm Away to Arm_Away. I went to the IH plugin and refreshed the cache. I could then see the text on the Partition multiswitch now had Arm_Stay and Arm_Away. I changed the refresh on the Android app (quick way to update) and checked the options on the Partition. now Arm_Stay and Arm_Away were options.

I tried both the Arm_Stay and Arm_Away and both did the same thing. It acts different when remote and the options fail (before the description change and now as well). The widget will display the selected option as a status for a few seconds (Say, Arm Away or Arm_Away) then changes back to Ready.

Comment

I edited the graphics tab on Partition device and changed the Arm Stay to Arm_Stay and I also changed the Arm Away to Arm_Away. I went to the IH plugin and refreshed the cache. I could then see the text on the Partition multiswitch now had Arm_Stay and Arm_Away. I changed the refresh on the Android app (quick way to update) and checked the options on the Partition. now Arm_Stay and Arm_Away were options.

I tried both the Arm_Stay and Arm_Away and both did the same thing. It acts different when remote and the options fail (before the description change and now as well). The widget will display the selected option as a status for a few seconds (Say, Arm Away or Arm_Away) then changes back to Ready.
                ok, could you also try with "ArmStay" (without any space) instead of Arm_Stay

Comment

I went through the same process and pressing the widget now shows ArmAway and ArmStay. I press either and the options window goes away, the status for the partition changes to ArmAway or ArmStay then back to ready.

Comment

Followup,
                    I was just looking at the logs and I found these. I do not remember them from before. So these were actually received but no action taken by the panel and the panel still showed ready.

May-18 9:26:36 AM Device Control Device: Security Back Door Lock to Lock (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 9:26:09 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to ArmAway (-1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 9:25:08 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to ArmAway (-1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 9:23:48 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to ArmStay (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 9:23:43 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to ArmAway (-1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 9:23:31 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to ArmAway (-1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

May-18 8:42:53 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to Arm_Stay (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 8:42:28 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to Arm_Stay (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    May-18 8:42:16 AM Device Control Device: Security EnvisaLink Partition 1 to Arm_Away (-1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Also, the panel does not arm now from the web gui. So I think you are on the right tract with the spaces. I changes the name back to Arm Stay and the partition armed.

Comment

my bad, I thought renaming the controls would not break them.

so, indeed the space is the problem, however I think this is a problem on the MyHS side since the plug-in does not receive any data, so I have to troubleshoot it with HST, which could take some time.

In the meantime I have fixed the renaming of controls in version 3.0.0.35 of the EnvisaLink plug-in, available here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...91#post1074491
                      so you can use that as a workaround for now

thanks

Comment

No worries! I'll Set up the beta version until a long term fix is in place. Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

To confirm for you and anyone else that may see this issue with Imperihome and Envisalink, the Beta version of the plugin and renaming the controls on the graphics tab of the Partition does resolve the issue.

Comment

I am having this same issue. I would like to install the beta, but I have a dumb question. This time around, I bought a hometroller, and linux is completely foreign to me. I can't seem to find the HS3 application folder. Any special instructions for installing the beta on linux or finding the needed folders in linux?

Comment

Originally posted by sohcrates View Post
                              I am having this same issue. I would like to install the beta, but I have a dumb question. This time around, I bought a hometroller, and linux is completely foreign to me. I can't seem to find the HS3 application folder. Any special instructions for installing the beta on linux or finding the needed folders in linux?
                              the envisalink plugin version 3.0.0.35 is no longer in beta, current release version of EnvisaLink is 3.0.0.38 and you can install it from the updater.

Comment

Working...
                              X