Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Siemens M20 modem

Hi,

I'm moving from HS2 to HS3. In my HS2 configuration I used a Siemens M20 modem with the Stipus plugin.
    Now moving to the SMS Gateway.

Some strange issues occur:
    1. The SMSC number is stored in the HSPI_SMSGW config file but the config screen of the plugin shows nothing. The logging shows when opening the config page: "SMS-Gateway Error Error trying to read the SMSC of your modem."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plugin screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1208421

[CONFIG]
    DEBUG=true
    LOGLEVEL=Debug
    LOGTOFILE=False
    BAUD=9600
    KEEPALIVE=9600
    FLOW=RTS
    SMSC=+31653131313

2. Sending SMS messages works fine. Although it seems that the plugin is restarting sometimes.
    But messages aren't received at all. No reaction, not even in the debug logging. Does the plugin need some AT commands for receiving?

Hope anyone can help me out with these two issues.

Thanks!

Jos
    Last edited by herbus; November 4, 2015, 03:51 PM.

I'm stumped about the SMC issue, let me look into it for you. Does it remain blank even after a restart?

For some Siemens devices I've found you need a Custom Message Receive String. Try adding this in the config page: CNMI=2,1,0,0,1

Please also turn on "Log to file" and if you still have plugin reset/crash issues or the SMSC is not showing up then mail me the two log files created by the plugin in the HS3\Logs folder.

Gavin
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Gavin,

I've tried the init string without result. Still only sending text messages and not receiving. I keep the error message when opening the config page.
      Please find attached the log file, config file and the original file from the Stipus plugin which worked ok with the Siemens M20.
      Hope you can help me.
      Thanks!

Jos
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jos. Can you edit the HSPI_SMSGW.INI file and change Loglevel=Debug please

Then start the plugin. It should create a more detailed log as well as a HSPI_SMS_Modem.log file too, can you send me those please.

You have revealed a bug in the config page that I need to fix, which I'll address as soon as we get over the current 12-hour blackout.

Gavin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Working...
        X