[VB.NET/ASP.NET] Sprinkler Control Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v3.2 Posted

The first message of this thread has been updated with the ZIP for version 3.2, addressing a couple of bugs that have been reported over the past several months and features that have been requested.

The changes from v3.1:
    • Expanded the range of valid Homeseer house codes to include ":" as well as others.
    • Added a required field validator to prevent accidental use of a blank house code.
    • Changed the text of the "skip" button to be more clear.
    • Added a "Run Now" button each item in the schedule list to manually trigger the running of a sprinkler schedule.

If upgrading from v3.1, you only need to copy over two files: html\SprinklerEdit.aspx and html\bin\Snevl_Sprinklers.dll.

Post any comments, questions, issues, or further requests in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127509

Steve

Comment

v3.3

The first message of this thread has been updated with the ZIP file for v3.3. The changes in this version:
      • You have an option to use either the device NAME or the device CODE for the status device string and logging.
      • A "Last Ran" column has been added to the schedule list display, showing when each schedule ran last.
      • A status icon is shown for each schedule, to show if a particular schedule is currently running or if the system is disabled.
      • You can specify an image (e.g. of the layout of your yard) to include at the bottom of the web page, as a kind of map of your zones.
      • A new disabled icon was added in addition to the ON and OFF icons from previous versions.
      • You can specify the number of days to keep in the sprinkler log. Each time a schedule is run, the log database will be purged of data older than what is specified on the config page, and the database will be compacted to save space.
      • The Device Value of the Status Device now is set: 1 if a zone is ON, 0 if all zones are OFF, and -1 if the system is disabled.

Note that this upgrade is pretty extensive, so you'll need to copy over everything except the data subdirectory if you are upgrading.

Post any complaints, bugs, questions, or requests over in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127509
      Last edited by stevea; July 30, 2012, 08:12 PM. Reason: added device value item to list

Comment

v3.4

I just posted v3.4 in the first message of this thread. The changes in v3.4:
        • Fixed / trapped a possible error in GetLastRun() that was causing the schedule list to crash
        • Added support for the UltraM1G plug-in to control sprinkler devices.
        • Allow ` as a house code.

Post questions, comments, requests, or bugs in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127509

Steve

Comment

v3.5

The ZIP file at the top of this thread has been replaced with version 3.5. The only real change is to allow the option of having sprinkler schedules be skipped if sufficeint rain is detected. You can specify Weather Underground stations to check, how much rain is required to delay sprinkler schedules, and how long to delay after rain.

As usual, post any issues or questions in the discussion thread.

Steve

Comment

v3.5R1

My apologies to anyone who downloaded v3.5, but I just replaced the ZIP at the top of this thread with v3.5R1 to correct two omissions in the original v3.5 ZIP:
            • The Weather Underground rain queries use the .NET XML libraries, and a modification to the HS settings.ini file may be required. I've added those instructions to the installation documentation.
            • A log of the results gathered from every pull from a Weather Underground weather station is kept, and a web page is provided to look at that log. The ASPX web page was omitted from the original v3.5.

If you downloaded the original v3.5, you really only need the docs\Snevl_Sprinklers.pdf file and the html\Snevl_WU_log.aspx page. All the other files are unchanged.

Steve

Comment

v3.6

The top of this thread has been updated with the ZIP file for v3.6 of Snevl Sprinklers. The changes to v3.6 are:
              • Added a button on the top of the web page (all tabs) to both display the status of the enable / disable device and to control / toggle it.
              • Added a button on the top of the web page (all tabs) to display the current rain delay status, or to manually induce or cancel a rain delay.
              • Added the ability to abort / cancel the sprinkler schedule that is currently running. A button to perform the cancel has been added to all tabs of the web page.
              • A utility script has been included that can toggle the status of the rain delay, rather than controlling it only from the data pulled from Weather Underground. You can use this script in an event, e.g. triggered by a rain detection device.
              • A utility script has been included to cancel the currently running sprinkler schedule.
              • If a rain delay is triggered while a sprinkler schedule is running, the currently running zone will be allowed to complete, but all subsequent zone ON/OFF events will be cancelled.
              • Whenever a schedule is run, the event status is changed to match what is in the database, to prevent manual changes from getting the sprinkler settings out of sync.

As always, please post any questions, bugs, issues, or ideas in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127509

Steve

Comment

v3.6 Reposted

I just reposted the ZIP for v3.6. I had made the same mistake I made with v3.5 originally and left out the page that is used to examine the Weather Underground log. If you already had installed v3.5R1 this file didn't change, so if you upgraded to v3.6 you don't need the new download. You also don't need the new download if you don't care to look at the Weather Underground log.

Steve

Comment

v3.7 Posted

The ZIP attached to the first message in this thread has been updated with v3.7 of Snevl Sprinklers. The changes in v3.7:
                  • Made all sprinkler events non-logging, i.e. they will not be logged in the Homeseer log.
                  • Before creating the temporary events for a sprinkler schedule (e.g. turning zones ON and OFF), any orphaned events by the same name are deleted. This was causing a few people problems.
                  • Added a new "Schedule_Ended" routine to the extensions. It is called at the end of a schedule run.
                  • Added option to the config page to allow the user to define the number of zones / rows to be displayed per page on the schedule edit page.
                  • Fixed typo in logged message for a rain delay.
                  • Put in fix to prevent the error when attempting to compact the database if run from the "Run Now" button on the schedule list
                  • Fixed a typo in the installation instructions, and updated the Extensions doc.

As per usual, post any issues, bugs, questions, or enhancement requests over in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127509

Thanks,
                  Steve

Comment

v3.8

The first message of this thread has been updated with the ZIP file for v3.8 of Snevl Sprinklers. The changes to this version are relatively minor, so many may choose not to upgrade yet:
                    • The Weather Underground rain check indicator on the web page has been separated from the button to turn on/off the rain delay.
                    • The configuration now uses the local culture info to support the use in countries where the decimal separator is a comma instead of a period.
                    Post any comments or questions over in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...12#post1075812

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I finally got around to adding this to HSTouch.
                      Is there any way to not show certain rows in the grid?

I tried adding some VB code in the aspgridview code. I guess it doesn't work like traditional tables.

Essentially, if I have the do_header set to "off", I'd like to not show certain columns, like "Zones", "Description", etc.
                      I only want the Skip, Last Run, Next Run, Event Name, and the control buttons. I suppose that I also need schedule # and status.

Thanks!

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                        Steve,

I finally got around to adding this to HSTouch.
                        Is there any way to not show certain rows in the grid?

I tried adding some VB code in the aspgridview code. I guess it doesn't work like traditional tables.

Essentially, if I have the do_header set to "off", I'd like to not show certain columns, like "Zones", "Description", etc.
                        I only want the Skip, Last Run, Next Run, Event Name, and the control buttons. I suppose that I also need schedule # and status.

Thanks!

--Dan
                        Dan,

Geesh. I need to think about this. You are really talking also about just the one tab as well, meaning the sprinkler schedule listing, right? It probably would be easier for me to create a custom / second version of the page than to provide that kind of on-the-fly customization. It's been a long time since I looked at the page source, so let me look at it and get back to you.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

If it means re-writing, I can probably do that. Just delete the right parts of the page and "save as.."
                          :-)

I don't want to waste your time on something like this. I'd rather "save" that up for when I need something "real"!
                          :-)

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

v3.9 posted

The first message of this thread has been updated with the ZIP file for v3.9 of SnevlSprinklers. The changes from v3.8 to v3.9 are:
                            • Added two optional virtual devices that can be used as conditions within individual schedules. If you define these devices (they will be created if they don't exist) each schedule will show the option to require a device to be ON or OFF before a schedule is run, or it can be ignored. These devices can then be turned ON or OFF by your own events / scripts based on whatever conditions you want.
                            • Added a log item for the end of a schedule.

If you are upgrading from v3.8, simply copy all the files from the html and scripts subdirectories. Make sure you remember to also get the DLL file from html\bin.

Post any comments or questions in the discussion thread for SnevlSprinklers (here).

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X