HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Watch Glance Message not working after iOS 11.0.3 update

I updated my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 11.0.3 this morning, and now the Pushover complication on my Apple Watch is no longer updating when I send a Glance Message using the plugin. No errors in the HS3 log, and nothing jumps out as suspicious in the plugin console (developer mode). Of course I tried the usual restarts on the phone, watch, and HS3. I also tried uninstalling Pushover from my watch and reinstalling.

Is anyone else using Glance Messages on their Apple Watch? Seeing any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
      is there a way to send a notification to pushover when hs3 crash?
      I also have my own solution in place, but it occurs to me this could be a nice addition the MyHS service. Maybe contact HST support and request it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
        I updated my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 11.0.3 this morning, and now the Pushover complication on my Apple Watch is no longer updating when I send a Glance Message using the plugin. No errors in the HS3 log, and nothing jumps out as suspicious in the plugin console (developer mode). Of course I tried the usual restarts on the phone, watch, and HS3. I also tried uninstalling Pushover from my watch and reinstalling.

Is anyone else using Glance Messages on their Apple Watch? Seeing any issues?
        Never mind on this I suppose. It magically started working again this morning.

Comment

Sorry if this already has been answered but is it possible to override "Glance Message Delay Value 20" by adding an entry to the ini file?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
            Sorry if this already has been answered but is it possible to override "Glance Message Delay Value 20" by adding an entry to the ini file?
            It is possible, the entry is

MessageDelay = Convert.ToByte(hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "GlanceDelay", "20", gINIFILE))

So adding the GlanceDelay=30 under the [Settings] key should work (you would need to restart the plugin). Be advised that Pushover advice concerning this is - "When sending data to the Apple Watch, we recommend at least 20 minutes between each call. If you have pushed too much data and WatchOS stops processing updates, this resets overnight." which is why I set it to 20, it might be unpredictable if set lower.

Comment

This is probably something simple. I've updated to HS3 to v379. There were changes made to the .INI API calls I think. I just noticed while trying to change a devices name by removing a device and adding it with a new name that the list contained some garbage which I couldn't get rid of using the Config section. Disabling and re-enabling the plug-in showed it finding weird devices. I had to edit the .INI file to remove the erroneous entries.

There should be only AJF-iPad & AJF-iPhone6. The goal was to change AJF-iPhone to AJF-iPhone6.

Nov-03 6:49:48 AM Pushover 3P Glance Message Delay Value 20
              Nov-03 6:49:48 AM Pushover 3P Starting Flood Control Timer
              Nov-03 6:49:46 AM Pushover 3P Clients - : -
              Nov-03 6:49:46 AM Pushover 3P Clients AJF-iPhone6 : Nothing
              Nov-03 6:49:46 AM Pushover 3P Clients :
              Nov-03 6:49:46 AM Pushover 3P Clients AJF-iPad : Nothing
              Nov-03 6:49:46 AM Pushover 3P Clients AJF-iPhone : AJF-iPhone
              Nov-03 6:49:46 AM Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List

It also resulted in the device AJF-iPhone6 showing as Offline in Pushover web site and will not receive notifications although it will receive the message. I've asked Pushover about that.

Current Date/Time: 11/3/2017 7:38:23 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.379
              Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 14 Hours 46 Minutes 53 Seconds
              IP Address: 10.0.1.11
              Number of Devices: 173
              Number of Events: 141
              Available Threads: 199
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 0
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              Plugin Callback Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.22.0: BLOccupied
              0.0.0.27: drhsIpPlugIn
              3.0.0.39: EasyTrigger
              3.0.6.22: Insteon
              3.0.1.109: PHLocation
              0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
              3.0.1.152: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                This is probably something simple. I've updated to HS3 to v379. There were changes made to the .INI API calls I think. I just noticed while trying to change a devices name by removing a device and adding it with a new name that the list contained some garbage which I couldn't get rid of using the Config section. Disabling and re-enabling the plug-in showed it finding weird devices. I had to edit the .INI file to remove the erroneous entries.

There should be only AJF-iPad & AJF-iPhone6. The goal was to change AJF-iPhone to AJF-iPhone6.

It also resulted in the device AJF-iPhone6 showing as Offline in Pushover web site and will not receive notifications although it will receive the message. I've asked Pushover about that.

Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 14 Hours 46 Minutes 53 Seconds
                Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                Thanks for reporting this - I think you are correct and there has been mention of it but forgot that I actually use the method that has probably broken. It is because I split the line on Chr(0) and I think that character has changed so I probably need to look at it again. I'll pop it on the list to fix.

Comment

I have tried to search thru the 40 pages of responses but cant find my answer.

Can you respond to a pushover notification?

For example, if I use BLLAN to track my phone wifi connectivity.

Can I send a pushover notification when I connect asking do I want to open the garage and be able to answer YES or NO?

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
                    I have tried to search thru the 40 pages of responses but cant find my answer.

Can you respond to a pushover notification?

For example, if I use BLLAN to track my phone wifi connectivity.

Can I send a pushover notification when I connect asking do I want to open the garage and be able to answer YES or NO?

Any ideas?
                    No - thats really outside the ability of pushover itself which does not allow for that, the only response you can do is from an emergency message and that is only to ack the receipt of that message. I'd suggest a look at Pushbullet as I think that may have at some point allowed something similar.

Comment

This plugin is FANTASTIC, gonna send a donation!

Here's one question/idea -> can you drop variable values into the messages?

For example, start a counter when a door is opened. The plug sends the following once the door is closed:

"The front door has been closed. It was open for 3:42."

Comment

Originally posted by fksk View Post
                        This plugin is FANTASTIC, gonna send a donation!

Here's one question/idea -> can you drop variable values into the messages?

For example, start a counter when a door is opened. The plug sends the following once the door is closed:

"The front door has been closed. It was open for 3:42."
                        Thanks for the feedback, the plugin supports HomeSeers own replacement variables in the message title, body and the URL. One of those replacement variables is to get the name of a timer (http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables) - so in the message you would do;

Code:
                        The front door has been closed. It was open for $$TIMER:door_timer:
                        Where door timer was the name of your timer, you will have to check the formatting of these as from memory the formatting was a bit longer than you wish for. If so might be worthwhile checking the option in HS to create devices from counters/timers, then in the message instead of $$TIMER you could do $$DSR which gets the device status of a given device reference.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post

Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          I've fixed this I think in version .35 (I've not checked Linux as that might be an issue), changed it so the client gets marked as removed in the ini file and when the plugin loads back up it does not attempt to put the client in again. That is the only change so anyone that does not need to fix that does not need to worry.

Comment

Thanks mrhappy. My problem is resolved with .35 on my SEL running Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                              It is possible, the entry is

MessageDelay = Convert.ToByte(hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "GlanceDelay", "20", gINIFILE))

So adding the GlanceDelay=30 under the [Settings] key should work (you would need to restart the plugin). Be advised that Pushover advice concerning this is - "When sending data to the Apple Watch, we recommend at least 20 minutes between each call. If you have pushed too much data and WatchOS stops processing updates, this resets overnight." which is why I set it to 20, it might be unpredictable if set lower.
                              I finally got around to test the setting and it works great. Sending glance message with 5 mins between is no problem but I've been careful not to send too many.

My idea is to send a new glance message when the house is armed or unarmed. If this hasn't happened in 30 min an update with outdoor temperature and other data is sent. Just need to figure out what kind of info I would like to see.

Is it possible to send html code, like setting the text to green if the house is unarmed?

Comment

Add pushover message to event via script

Hey guys.
                                i am trying to add a pushover message to an event i am creating via script.
                                the idea is when i set a timer from the app, it will add the event and send a push to notify the event has been created.

i tried using
                                hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"All Clients", pir_name & " Offline","Circle Problem", "emergency", "Tug Boat", Nothing, Nothing, "A.I Emergency"})
                                but i get this message in the log:

Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"All Clients", pir_name & " Offline","Circle Problem", "emergency", "Tug Boat", Nothing, Nothing, "A.I Emergency"}), init error: Expected end of statement

i am running this via immediate script
                                when am i missing?

Comment

Working...
                                X