Trying to use virtual device as thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to use virtual device as thermostat

HS has control over temp in all rooms via mcstemp, ocelot/secu16/DSC motion by cactsbob.

I'd like to create a virtual device for each room that can have a numeric value adjusted. i'd like it to have a plus/minus button, but the slider bar in Maestro may work. This numeric value will be the target temp in each room. i'd like to give some people some control over hotter/colder, ie, guests, wife, etc. I set up the virutal device as a light switch, but the dropdown dim values are in incriments of ten. I'm going to build events that read the value for the virtual tstat and work it into the logic...any suggestions?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

There is a scripting method which I think is DeviceValueAdd that allows you to add number/name pairs that appear in the HS device pulldown. You could add 10 values to this such as 60, 61,...69 that will be the target temperature. Reference the Help file for scripting method specifics.

mcsTemperature's DeviceAction will emulate a thermostat to control the temperature. This should simplify your control logic and all you need to do is provide it the setpoint. Look at the manual to set this up. Note that it is formatted for HS1 operation and HS2 removed the abilty to format the device actions and event triggers.

Comment

Would it be useful...

I always wondered whether it would be useful to ask the Homeseer folks to add a "temperature" device that would handle this function. I created an economy mode for my therm that based on a set temp (that I set with events now) runs the whole house fan.

Hmm...

Comment

Working...
      X